Why doesn't Stephen A Smith get more UFC work?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He clearly knows a tonne about UFC and MMA in general. He speaks so passionately about the subject, in my opinion he should be co commentating with either Joe Rogan and Anik, or even Cruz and Anik.
Imagine Stephen A as a hype man in between these guys?
Or, have him replace Buffer when he retires? He has a definable voice.
IMG_20190515_195921.jpg

Conor should become a commentator, would be funny to see him with michael bisping.

Stephen A as a ring announcer is the funniest thing ive read here today

He clearly knows a tonne about UFC and MMA in general. He speaks so passionately about the subject, in my opinion he should be co commentating with either Joe Rogan and Anik, or even Cruz and Anik.
View attachment 583187
giphy.gif

Can't say I'm a fan of his.

But did get to see him in Brooklyn for the Cejudo vs Dillashaw and he's huge.

Always thought of him as a little man. Quite the opposite.

I can't stand him. He's always shouting and his voice is not pleasant.

Imagine him commentating the fights next to Cruz?
Oh my goodness Cruz would be so salty.
That would be amazing.

He knows shit about MMA, but he is def one of the bigger names in sports media. It's gonna be another decade or two before we truly get knowledgeable insight from the mainstream media.

Why are people saying he has no MMA iq? He pretty much says Khabib is a baaaad man every time First Take brings up UFC. Which he is, and he sometimes says Conor was a baaad man. He obviously knows a decent amount.

Why are people saying he has no MMA iq? He pretty much says Khabib is a baaaad man every time First Take brings up UFC. Which he is, and he sometimes says Conor was a baaad man. He obviously knows a decent amount.

Nice, very nice.

Smith’s MMA work is up there with the time Gus Johnson had a cue card that said, “Gerard Mousasi doesn’t mind being on his back,” for the Lawal fight.

Fuck. He may be a sherdogger

Stephen A. Smith is kind of a clown, but he makes a shit ton of money covering other sports for ESPN. He’s probably their most recognizable personality.

That’s the main reason he’s not doing MMA that much. He wouldn’t be caught dead doing what Bruce Buffer does lol.

I know TS is trolling, just saying

View attachment 583187
He is a bit too main stream for the UFC at this time

He has a perfect casuals opinion and would be a great addition but other main stream sports occupy the man's limited 24 hour day

Back