Why doesn't Shogun go to MW?

because he wants to eat what he likes?

Cutting weight is added anxiety to an already mentally and physically draining training camp. It also affects your health (less energy, less muscle mass, less power).

Of course, a guy like Lyoto can pull it off and become an even better machine (he's looking chiseled at 185) but that doesn't mean Shogun can do it. Lyoto is so disciplined he drinks his own piss, come on. Chael Sonnen cut weight as a youth wrestler. Shogun has never cut weight and came from the school of Chute Boxe where training was hardcore sparring; he's also suspected to surround himself with "yes men", meaning he may not be highly disciplined.

This made me smile.

Are you saying Fedor moving down in weight would have been impossible?
Of course not

Shogun moving down in weight isn't impossible either but just because u can do something doesn't mean u should do it...

Cutting down to middleweight will only drain what little cardio Shogun still has. I think he may be a little lazy with training as well. He hasn't seemed to have the same passion for the sport in the past couple years and I think that affects his training.

Cutting down to middleweight will only drain what little cardio Shogun still has. I think he may be a little lazy with training as well. He hasn't seemed to have the same passion for the sport in the past couple years and I think that affects his training.

Lazy is a tough word to use for someone who has fought on his level and used to be known for his gas tank. The guy who linked multiple knee surgeries to cardio may have been onto something.

at this point, probably too slow and worn down

he's got the chin and power to bang at 205

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back