Why doesn't Shogun go to MW?

Because Chael is drooping back down to 185 and shogun wants no part of potentially running into that guy again.

At this point on Sherdog it's almost as if the weight cut kings and queens AJ, Tibau, Hendricks, Barao, Lineker, Gadelha, Weidman... Ronda... etc are being held up as the standard.

Is not normal. The Pantheon are the Pantheon for a reason folks.

Dammit I might have to agree with whiteboycheckin that I thought it could have been scored a draw, didn't think Shogun won though.

More to the point Wand said Shogun is a 220 lb guy, cutting 35 lbs isn't for everybody.

We somewhat found common ground, brah. :wink:

I know this word's overused, but I don't know if he's even motivated to try and go down (putting aside whether he could or not). He's done everything in the sport to do, so he probably doesn't see much of a reason to go down anyways. He's not in the same position as Dan Henderson, who's desperate for a UFC title.

He's not in the same position as Dan Henderson, who's desperate for a UFC title.

Dan Henderson can also go down much more easily since he apparently walks around now at 196 lbs and probably had to eat his way up to 199, unlike a typically 220 lbs walking around Shogun. 15 lb cut is enough if you are not a weight cutting 'god'.

Come on. The guy has a muffin top.

There is a little something called genetics, he might have a muffin top yet work as hard to get to that shape as someone else who is ripped. I mean look at Decision Dan Cormier (nobody get mad, I like him I just like calling him that as a joke) and his performance while looking less than TST.

There is a little something called genetics, he might have a muffin top yet work as hard to get to that shape as someone else who is ripped. I mean look at Decision Dan Cormier (nobody get mad, I like him I just like calling him that as a joke) and his performance while looking less than TST.

DC at least has muscles and looks strong, he just has kind of a fat stomach that at least hangs over the front. Shogun looks like a forty year old with poor genetics that hasn't touched a weight in his life.

That's quite a leap of faith. How were you able to examine his DNA?

DC at least has muscles and looks strong, he just has kind of a fat stomach that at least hangs over the front. Shogun looks like a forty year old with poor genetics that hasn't touched a weight in his life.

Shogun has been beaten, injured, and fought so much he basically is 50 years old. Despite being 33 or whatever.

3a4KfLa.jpg

That's quite a leap of faith. How were you able to examine his DNA?

There's no guarantee his genetics are responsible for his appearance, but it's no more unlikely than the other things people assume might be the reason. Plus, in addition to the genetics possibility there's the fact he has no knees and may in too much constant PAIN to train cardio super intensely.

There's no guarantee his genetics are responsible for his appearance, but it's no more unlikely than the other things people assume might be the reason. Plus, in addition to the genetics possibility there's the fact he has no knees and may in too much constant PAIN to train cardio super intensely.

It's a LOT more unlikely than that he likes to eat.

Always respected that about Shogun. Could have easily fought at MW but just doesn't give a fuck.

Back