Why doesn't Joe Rogan think GSP is the GOAT?

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
Why do you think?

When Anderson Silva was on his 16-winning streak, we often hear Joe claiming Silva is going to be the best ever. Until now, he isn't denying that Silva in his prime was something special. He just loved watching Silva and his WTF finishes. Today, we also hear him saying Jon Jones is probably the greatest MMA fighter to ever fight in the UFC. Joe really compliments these two very much.

But I never hear Rogan frequently saying with confidence that GSP is the GOAT. Why is it?

Well, maybe he just doesn't ... think so? It's not that GSP is universally regarded as THE GOAT.

Because Joe thinks what Dana tells him to think.

This site and just people in general, put wayyyyyy to much stock into Joe Rogans opinion.

Because the aliens wiped his memory with DMT.

Because Joe thinks what Dana tells him to think.

Last time I heard Rogan talking about who's GOAT, I believe he said it was between Silva and Fedor. I don't think Dana tells him to give praise to Fedor.

Joe saw GSP get armbarred and knocked out early in his career. first impression probably stuck with him. but i mean whenever he was commentating GSPs fights he always said GSP is the best atm. one thing youll notice that joe wants to see is finishes. gsp decisions everybody. he was so high on DJ because DJ is technically amazing everywhere and always had exciting finishes

Joe really values style and swagger I guess, cheating or not.

Joe saw GSP get armbarred and knocked out early in his career. first impression probably stuck with him. but i mean whenever he was commenting GSP fights he always said GSP is the best atm. one thing you want to see is finishes as well. gsp decisions everybody
Yeah but he also saw him violently avenge both of those losses and has seen GSP beat every man he has ever faced.

Anderson has the greatest highlight reel in the sport though and Fedor is Fedor so that probably plays a role in it.

Yeah but he also saw him violently avenge both of those losses and has seen GSP beat every man he has ever faced.

Anderson has the greatest highlight reel in the sport though and Fedor is Fedor so that probably plays a role in it.
the more i think about it the more i realize joe just loves watching the greats finish fights. jon jones back in 2012 was choking or tkoing everybody. so was dj, so was fedor, so was anderson silva. gsp ran everybody into a decision. im guessing that plays a big part in joes decision. and tbh i feel the same way. if you dont finish the guy did you really win? i mean the fight was still going. its more like you were just winning until the fight ended

Why do you think?

When Anderson Silva was on his 16-winning streak, we often hear Joe claiming Silva is going to be the best ever. Until now, he isn't denying that Silva in his prime was something special. He just loved watching Silva and his WTF finishes. Today, we also hear him saying Jon Jones is probably the greatest MMA fighter to ever fight in the UFC. Joe really compliments these two very much.

But I never hear Rogan frequently saying with confidence that GSP is the GOAT. Why is it?
Joe saw the Johnny Hendricks fight.

GSP is arguably the GOAT but Rogan may not be a fan of his "play it safe" style... maybe he likes Anderson's style and the fact that Anderson finishes fights. I like GSP, he is heads and shoulders above most fighters, but his style isn't pretty, especially if you like KOs or subs, etc.

the more i think about it the more i realize joe just loves watching the greats finish fights. jon jones back in 2012 was choking or tkoing everybody. so was dj, so was fedor, so was anderson silva. gsp ran everybody into a decision. im guessing that plays a big part in joes decision. and tbh i feel the same way. if you dont finish the guy did you really win? i mean the fight was still going. its more like you were just winning until the fight ended
Yeah you could say that until you look at his opponents faces and know how shitty they will be feeling for the next week after the fight. Fuck, Koscheck couldn't even get home from Montreal for a couple weeks cause his head was so fucked up he couldn't handle the pressure of the altitude changes on a flight.

Back