Why doesn't Honda throw kicks?

I would laugh if she started LHK'ing bishes, Crocop style.

Doesn't seem to be in the cards with her present coach though.

the great edmond doesnt teach how to kick apparently

events_1631-m-230x300.jpg

holy shit the post above mine

its true then, and in a pathetic way even

:icon_lol:

Hey now, he's done wonderful things with Ellenberger and Browne as of late.

she doesn't know how

also i feel like she would have a lot of trouble off her back with a good grappler and she gave up her back to Carmouche in like a second so she does have to worry about grappling

From guard? did you see her fight with meisha? the 2 best grapplers at 135 are meisha and ronda.And rondas guard retention and ability to throw up subs and strikes was extremly impressive.

She has gave up her back twice.Once to meisha first fight and once to carmouche and im 99 percent sure it was from the front headlock both times as its a risk of the throw .

Hard to throw kicks when your calves are bigger then most hams.

Ronda would get tapped out by a high level worlds champ or adcc grappler too bad none of them have crossed over into mma other than gadelha, who'd rather cut a ton of weight than fight at 135

Not even close. At least according to Rhadi Ferguson. I trust his opinion a bit more than yours.

Incorporating kicks might make sense if she plans on sticking around for many years, but I expect that Ronda will retire long before the division catches up to her, so there is little point to messing with what has been working.

He refuses to allow me to kick. Throwing kicks isn’t part of the way I fight. But I would occasionally throw a kick in practice out of frustration or rage.

"Don’t do that," Edmond said one day. "When you kick, I know it means you’re angry."

He was right.

"You’re doing great," Edmond said. "Just keep it up."
I nodded.
"Oh, and Ronda," he said, as he picked up the stool to exit the cage. "Don’t throw any kicks."

I tossed her to the ground at the beginning of the round, and she lay on her back like an overturned turtle, kicking her legs in the air in an attempt to keep me away. Oh you wanna kick? I thought. Fuck you, bitch. I threw the last kick of my entire MMA career right back at her.

That's what gets released after an editor looks at it AND Ronda has time to think about what she's saying.

I will say that Zuffa has pulled off an actual miracle in promoting this person so successfully.

She said in an interview, after Anderson Silva broke his leg, that she would never throw another leg kick for the rest of her career.

I think she doesn't throw body or head kicks because of the loss of balance (high) and the risk of getting her leg caught (body), either of which would affect her ability to use her judo to maintain control. She doesn't need it to maintain distance since all of her opponents are scared of her submission, so her opponents fight her from far away or in her face, negating the need for kicks.

She could use the front kick, but then the haters would get mad because she knocked somebody out a new way...

She shouldnt really be kicking much as it doesnt help her clinch and get takedowns IMO.

Not sure why she doesnt....probably isnt that great at it...perhaps realized its not the best gameplan. There are soo many that pursue techniques that make no sense for them. Mostly people that want to throw fancy strikes from a distance when they really should be focusing on dirty boxing

i'd say she needs to be using her feet to close the distance and keeping her base ready to clinch and throw. I mean it wouldn't hurt but I don't see it as something that would be a big deal for her.

Edmond sounds silly though.

Her whole game is centered around closing the distance and getting the clinch. Kicking doesn't help with that.

she doesn't know how

also i feel like she would have a lot of trouble off her back with a good grappler and she gave up her back to Carmouche in like a second so she does have to worry about grappling

She got her back taken cause judo exposed you to that not from throwing kicks

Back