Why doesn't Gus get called a "HW fighting MWs" ?

Pro-jec-tion.
Projection is a defense mechanism that involves taking our own unacceptable qualities or feelings and ascribing them to other people. For example, if you have a strong dislike for someone, you might instead believe that he or she does not like you. Projection works by allowing the expression of the desire or impulse, but in a way that the ego cannot recognize, therefore reducing anxiety.

Ever notice how people who are racist and/or obsessed with race assume that everyone else is? I suspect that's the case with KR811.

This. Plus a healthy dose of irrational racial paranoia to go along with it. White boogieman is everywhere. Lurking, waiting to pounce. Kanye West said so.

1. Gus isn't the champ. 2. Jones has almost 6 inches of reach on Gus. 3. Gus is more likable.

So pointing out a common double standard in American media and sports makes me a racist?

I can also claim projection people who claim projection. If you're going to claim projection you're going to need proof how I'm a racist and how I'm like the racist I project. Considering that I have white fighters in my sig I think you can't.

"But I've got white fighters in my sig ..." You sound like George Wallace claiming no one has a right to call him racist because he's got black friends.

I don't care if you have Adolf Hitler himself in your sig, based on the ludicrous and self-evidently false statements that you made in your post, you clearly have some pent-up issues regarding race.

It's not a huge deal, man. Just embrace it.

Someone does not remember a fighter named Brock Lesnar who was routinely accused of winning based on size advantage alone.

Some people are addicted to race whining like a crack addiction I swear. It's embarrassing to watch someone shame themselves in such a pitiful manner. Put your big boy pants on and get over yourself. On what planet is calling someone "athletic" or "explosive" racist? It seems as if the opposite is far more racist. White fighters are often looked upon as less talented for that very reason. But I know how the double-standards work. Don Lemon at CNN must teach seminars on hypocrisy.

And we are not ignoring the crux of your faulty argument. We are merely recognizing that the entire premise is false to begin with.

Brock is hated for being a fake wrestler and being promoted when he was unworthy. His hate is a lot like Cm punk although cm punk is a worse case.

Calling a black athlete explosive is a joke here and other mms forum. It's a backhanded compliment. Like saying a black person is well spoken, there's an underlying insult.

White fighters are accredited with hard work and skill if successful. Gus and mcgregor are promoted to god status for beating scrubs yet jones beats a legacy of champs and gets discredited. Gus and weidman are as big as hws yet mma fans think jones too big and is pussy for not being a hw. There are many more examples if you want to keep going.

Who the fuck is don lemon and who watches cnn?

Jones cuts way more weight than Gus

Lol, nice try but not even close. Jones does not cut "way" more weight than Gustaffson. They cut roughly the same and if not equal, it's a very small margin of difference. You Jones haters will really try to come up with anything you can to rag on the guy. Must still be butt hurt that he beat your favorite fighter or something.

OP is right. Gustaffson, Davis, and Rumble are all huge Light Heavweight's that are close to the same size if not equal to Jones but you never hear anybody saying half the shit about them as they do Jones.

George Roop is a heavyweight fighting at Bantamweight

20131105045208_5D3_9157.JPG

He is a HW, he just doesn't fight as many MWs as Jones. Jones seems to be slightly larger than him in terms of size, because of muscle mass.

There is a reason that 2 HWs(who cut) & 2 former HW are the top 4 out of 5 at 205. Him & Jones cut weight for a reason...Cain is the real "Mauler"

The specific answer to your question though is:

Alexander isn't a narcissistic, arrogant, tool...& Jones(most feel) is.

Jones' haters constantly throw that out against him - that he's not really good, but just a HW fighting MWs like Machida (even though Lyoto, Rashad, Rampage, and Rua are all former LHW champs).

But why can't I find a single one of those same guys calling Gus a cowardly HW given this photo exists ?

jonesstare2.png

For the sake of consistency, Gus should get this same criticism, but he doesn't.

115_shogun_rua_and_alex_gustafsson.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Dude, Gus is not great. Jones is too great.
Don't expect rational reasons for hatred.

How many of Gus's opponents have previously fought at/dropped down to MW, again?

James Te Huna and Jared Hamman. So 2 of 10 people he's fought in the UFC, 20%.

Jon Jones: Lyoto Machida (never fought at MW prior), Vitor Belfort, and Chael Sonnen. That's 3 of 16 people or 18.75%.

Sooooooooooo

There are plenty of reasons to hate Jones. His size and who he's fought isn't one of them. If you can make weight, you're good to go.

Gus is not hated as much. They both have fought against "mws" + they both have huge reach.

lol @ Rashad, a former heavyweight, being undersized.

Get the fuck out.

Don't forget that Machida is MW, even though he's spent more time in his career at LHW than MW! And has more accomplishments at LHW, mind you.

:redface:

Don't forget that Machida is MW, even though he's spent more time in his career at LHW than MW! And has more accomplishments at LHW, mind you.

:redface:

B-b-but he was fighting other MWs!

...for the LHW title...for some stupid reason...

Because he didn't fight anyone who just had their last fight at MW.

If Gus becames champ and destroys everybody I call him a HW ,no problem with that.

bye.

Cause jones be winnin and peoples is mad. Best believe if gus ever gets that belt its getting brought up son.

Someone explained Situations like this well with a game Called street fighter. look at what people call "cheap". That word is thrown out when someone is getting their ass kicked and doesnt know what to do about it. "stop using that move its so cheap!" sound familiar? you will never hear that word used when someones kicking your ass however. you have never hear "bro stop using that cheap move" when someones Stopping it every single time and blowing you up for it.

Being "cheap" and stuff that imply's unfair advantages are reserved for the dominant
and gus isnt dominant...yet.

He makes the limit, so you have no case... Yeah "but but but jones" yeah those people have no argument either, and yet here you are rehashing the same old bullshit while being just as wrong as they were. Only you're dumber since you're repeating a stupid mistake and thus fail to even be original.

Back