Why doesn't Gus get called a "HW fighting MWs" ?

They both weigh 205 when the step on the scale. What weight they are when they step in the cage is completely irrelevant.

I'm not disagreeing, just saying Jones looks bigger and more ripped which is why people hate him for it. People don't like to watch a guy they perceive to be bigger put a whoopin on a smaller guy.

Jones cut height and reach for the Gus showdown...added 3in to height and 13 in to reach just b4 the fight during the walkout.

I know a lot of people didn't take that one thread seriously, but it's true; a lot of HW are just lazy guys who should be LHW.
Some guys are better at HW, for example Roy Nelson, he doesn't have the speed and would be way to short and lose his power, when at HW he has insane power and slower opponents.
By that logic, LHW's are just scared HW's

Some guys are better at HW, for example Roy Nelson, he doesn't have the speed and would be way to short and lose his power, when at HW he has insane power and slower opponents.
By that logic, LHW's are just scared HW's

Yes, a little of both.

A lot of LHW/HW are roughly the same size.
Most LHW are basically the same size as Cain or JDS.

Wait, Roy would be too short at LHW, but he's tall enough at HW? I'm sure you didn't mean that....

Its because Gus has a wide fan base and very few critics while Jones beat up on many fan favs and is much more disliked. So on here.....the more haters....the more criticism.

Jones created an entire army of hate that has a decade of mma fan experience just by taking out Machida and Shogun alone.

Every Jones fight since Shogun my friend at the end yells "I hate him...I hate him....I just want him to lose finally" And along with that comes the reach and mw's BS

Because many mma fans and sherdtards are hypocritical and biased. It's called weight class not height and/or reach class. The weigh ins are the only thing that matters.

Also only black fighters get shit for supposed physical advantages. Stupid code words like explosive, void black athletes' hard work as if their abilities were granted. This assumes black athletes never work for anything or have skill or in this case fighter IQ.
Shot like this happens every time a black person is successful for something that isn't a team sport or a rapper.

The fact that Gus is praised for physical advantages while jones is berated is a prime example.

Tl;dr
White and Non-black Latino athletes are hardworking and have skill.
Black athletes are born that way and should be humble.

INB4 shertards and conservatives come in with the "playing the race card" card, how about proving me wrong.

Because many mma fans and sherdtards are hypocritical and biased. It's called weight class not height and/or reach class. The weigh ins are the only thing that matters.

Also only black fighters get shit for supposed physical advantages. Stupid code words like explosive, void black athletes' hard work as if their abilities were granted. This assumes black athletes never work for anything or have skill or in this case fighter IQ.
Shot like this happens every time a black person is successful for something that isn't a team sport or a rapper.

The fact that Gus is praised for physical advantages while jones is berated is a prime example.

Tl;dr

INB4 shertards and conservatives come in with the "playing the race card" card, how about proving me wrong.
Nobody has to disprove you. The onus is on you to prove your claim that it's based on his race. BTW people hated Tim Sylvia for his reach.

Because Gus actually made Shogun look relatively good in his best win. And he did not dominate many MMA legends (or any).

Nobody has to disprove you. The onus is on you to prove your claim that it's based on his race. BTW people hated Tim Sylvia for his reach.

I already provided a viewpoint and an example. It's the onus of naysayers to prove me wrong with a rebuttal rather than giving short phrases of disapproval. Did people hate Sylvia for his reach? First time I've heard of that, if it's even true which I doubt.

I already provided a viewpoint and an example. It's the onus of naysayers to prove me wrong with a rebuttal rather than giving short phrases of disapproval. Did people hate Sylvia for his reach? First time I've heard of that, if it's even true which I doubt.

That's not how it works. If you have a claim it's up to you to prove it. To say that it's up to others is both lazy and stupid. And I can confirm that there was plenty of such hate towards Tim back then.

Tl;dr

Pro-jec-tion.
Projection is a defense mechanism that involves taking our own unacceptable qualities or feelings and ascribing them to other people. For example, if you have a strong dislike for someone, you might instead believe that he or she does not like you. Projection works by allowing the expression of the desire or impulse, but in a way that the ego cannot recognize, therefore reducing anxiety.

Ever notice how people who are racist and/or obsessed with race assume that everyone else is? I suspect that's the case with KR811.

that makes no sense. You hate Jones because of other people he has no control over? Are you like 12?

Take a moment to sit and think, rather than just defend your randomly stuck-in position.

BJ Penn, Shogun, GSP, Jones, Machida, Fedor, Ando: All received a ridiculous amount of hate. It has a lot to do with how their fanbase constantly ram it down other peoples' throat about how good their idol is. It's not merely because of the success. It is because due to the success the fanboys are relentless. Instead of standing quietly and enjoying their idol's accomplishments, they constantly get sucked into ridiculous debates... which they already have won because their guy is still winning.

When this happens over and over and over... it creates haters. Those haters just wait and wait and wait for the opportunity to throw it back in the fanboys' faces.

We're seeing it happen once again with McGregor.

That's not how it works. If you have a claim it's up to you to prove it. To say that it's up to others is both lazy and stupid. And I can confirm that there was plenty of such hate towards Tim back then.

I know how it works and you guys are blatantly ignoring the crux of my argument and latching on to my inb4 comment. You fuckers have nothing in regards to that.

I only remember Sylvia being hated for looking like a fat slob not reach.

Also only black fighters get shit for supposed physical advantages.

Someone does not remember a fighter named Brock Lesnar who was routinely accused of winning based on size advantage alone.

Some people are addicted to race whining like a crack addiction I swear. It's embarrassing to watch someone shame themself in such a pitiful manner. Put your big boy pants on and get over yourself. On what planet is calling someone "athletic" or "explosive" racist? It seems as if the opposite is far more racist. White fighters are often looked upon as less talented for that very reason. But I know how the double-standards work. Don Lemon at CNN must teach seminars on hypocrisy.

And we are not ignoring the crux of your faulty argument. We are merely recognizing that the entire premise is false to begin with.

Last edited:
Pro-jec-tion.
Projection is a defense mechanism that involves taking our own unacceptable qualities or feelings and ascribing them to other people. For example, if you have a strong dislike for someone, you might instead believe that he or she does not like you. Projection works by allowing the expression of the desire or impulse, but in a way that the ego cannot recognize, therefore reducing anxiety.

Ever notice how people who are racist and/or obsessed with race assume that everyone else is? I suspect that's the case with KR811.

So pointing out a common double standard in American media and sports makes me a racist?

I can also claim projection people who claim projection. If you're going to claim projection you're going to need proof how I'm a racist and how I'm like the racist I project. Considering that I have white fighters in my sig I think you can't.

Take a moment to sit and think, rather than just defend your randomly stuck-in position.

BJ Penn, Shogun, GSP, Jones, Machida, Fedor, Ando: All received a ridiculous amount of hate. It has a lot to do with how their fanbase constantly ram it down other peoples' throat about how good their idol is. It's not merely because of the success. It is because due to the success the fanboys are relentless. Instead of standing quietly and enjoying their idol's accomplishments, they constantly get sucked into ridiculous debates... which they already have won because their guy is still winning.

When this happens over and over and over... it creates haters. Those haters just wait and wait and wait for the opportunity to throw it back in the fanboys' faces.

We're seeing it happen once again with McGregor.
For hate:
Penn- some hate
Shogun - no hate
Gsp - loved
Jones - reviled
Machida - respected
Fedor - respected
Aldo - respected

Hardly ridiculous except for jones.

Back