Why doesn't Gus get called a "HW fighting MWs" ?

He's not a champion with several title defenses. Success breeds haters. Some of Jones opponents really should be MWs but that's on them for not cutting weight to their "natural" weight class. Jones is normal weight for a LHW.

Because gus is white.

Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

He's not a champion with several title defenses. Success breeds haters. Some of Jones opponents really should be MWs but that's on them for not cutting weight to their "natural" weight class. Jones is normal weight for a LHW.

No fanboys breed haters.

Also: Alex had a 76" reach for the entirety of his career. It miraculously turned into an 80" reach when the UFC was hyping a size v size match-up for marketing purposes.

A0nxvMl.jpg

Its only good they fixed it atleast to 80".

Comes down to body composition for me I'm not one to get technical so I'll try to keep it tight.

Jones & Gus have a ectomorph type body frame tall and lean top to bottom not a great deal of body mass throughout as opposed to a endomorph body frame.

Gus I would estimate walks around about 225-30 maybe even more I would estimate Jon the same even if both decided to jump HW they still would be lighter HW's much easier for them to condition down to 205 than to pullback gas power to maintain that HW power. It's a crazy balance to still train your cardio and not train away that body weight power needed to hang with the bigger boyz.

But it's true. Jones looks like a big, ripped beast. Gus just looks like a tall, lanky goof. That's got something to do with it for sure.

Comparing a fully dehydrated Jones to a fully hydrated Gus.

"I'd like to buy logic, Pat"

He has, by many unoriginal people (like you) who said it in an effort to make a point.

Let's make a thread about people being inconsistent on the internet. Cool idea bro!

Comparing a fully dehydrated Jones to a fully hydrated Gus.

"I'd like to buy logic, Pat"

Even in the cage, Jones looks a lot more defined, and part of it is the explosive skin color. There's a reason bodybuilders bathe in oil.

Because people just inexplicably hate Jones and that is the truth.

They will even make up bullshit and try and say Jones is bigger than everyone, including Gustafsson. It's ridiculous really.

And why is Jones called a HW given he easily makes 205lbs ?

Because people are dumb. Jones makes 205, so he is a LHW. It is weird given his size that he isn't heavier but that's the rule.

Even in the cage, Jones looks a lot more defined, and part of it is the explosive skin color. There's a reason bodybuilders bathe in oil.

They both weigh 205 when the step on the scale. What weight they are when they step in the cage is completely irrelevant.

I know a lot of people didn't take that one thread seriously, but it's true; a lot of HW are just lazy guys who should be LHW.

Back