Why doesn't GSP fight Khabib outside of UFC?

Even if contracts didn’t stop them, if they fight outside of the UFC then it’s not for the UFC lightweight championship. What would be GSP’s incentive?

Even if contracts didn’t stop them, if they fight outside of the UFC then it’s not for the UFC lightweight championship. What would be GSP’s incentive?

Legacy, ofc. The incentive would be beating the best lightweight on planet earth.

Dana wins. They breach contract. Get paid. Fight. Dana sues. Gets millions.

Because WME would sue their asses off.

Why r ppl dumb? And I don't mean the uneductaed dumb I mean the common sense dumb. That shit annoys the hell out of me. Ever had to work with someone like that? You want to choke them to death.

I’m sur Dana would love to sign off in that and let it happen somewhere else.....they can fight in Rizin in 2030

Because WME would sue their asses off.

Why r ppl dumb? And I don't mean the uneductaed dumb I mean the common sense dumb. That shit annoys the hell out of me. Ever had to work with someone like that? You want to choke them to death.
Not that simple if they fought in Russia.

They could only sue Khabib if he came back to the North America. If he stayed in Russia they wouldn't be able to touch him. Of course, that doesn't help GSP.

It's a legacy fight, ofc, but does it stop being a legacy fight if it's outside of the UFC?

You know what happened to Randy when he tried to toss his HW belt and fight outside the UFC?

And remember when BJ thought he could keep his WW belt and take fights in Japan, just because they paid better over there?

Contracts
Khabib could arguably get away with it as he can hide in Russia and the Middle East but GSP would eventually return to North America
Once that happens it’s law suit city baby

I'm Canadian also. I wonder how it would play out if gsp did that too. As noted already, khabib is covered if he wants to remain in Russia / the east. For us Canadians though, it doesn't seem so straight forward. We've traditionally always had a good relationship with the states (though that's been souring a bit lately). This makes me think the powers that be would allow me to be served papers for a legal issue in the US. Not sure though.

Back