Why doesn't Conor release the full Paulie Malignaggi sparring footage?

A guy who doesnt know how to box, took Mayweather 10 rounds to finish? I dont care if haters, like TS, say Mayweather carried him, but to say Conor cant box, is as dumb as it gets. It seems the Conor haters make 100x more threads than the fanboys.

And Pauline was never really a boxer people feared, he has pillow hands, and was never really a threat.

McGregor can’t box.

Only sporadic watchers of boxing have no idea of what happened that day and need an education of the sport.

It makes no sense whatsoever. He has an entire fight against a professional boxer, broadcast live on ppv to the second largest fight audience of all time, still available for everyone to watch whenever they choose. He also has an entire career of mma for people to watch.

But all of a sudden he developed some special new secrets that he wants to hide,that he forgot to use against Floyd but will definitely use in the future...

...sure.
there's a reason why full sparring footage Is rarely If ever fully leaked. This is one of the reasons.

this isn't about Conor.

McGregor can’t box.

Only sporadic watchers of boxing have no idea of what happened that day and need an education of the sport.
How about Sugar Ray Leonard, Mike Tyson, Larry Holmes, Adrien Broner, Terrance Crawford, George foreman and all the other big name boxers In attendance? The entire boxing media who has no reason to give any credit to an MMA fighter?

How about all the MMA fighters who came out praising him after the fight? DC, Max Holloway, countless others?

Guess my experience boxing for many years means nothing too. There are levels of course, but he can definitely box.

Because Conor pretty much killed Paulie, you seen his face in the photos. Conor would be in prison if the full video was released lol.

LOL......Dude, Floyd's has had 23 straight Championship title fights against world class champion boxers over the last 10 years, and by the 4th - 6th rounds he's already processed what a guy's weakness is, adjusts, and sweeps the rest of the fight. Sparring footage on Conor is hardly anything he'd be concerned about.
I think generally releasing full sparring footage isn't too bright though. It can often show more than many fights, especially when were talking about the few circumstances where a fighter is genuinely giving Conor trouble on the feet relative to MMA.

Even In regards to Floyd, why would you want him to have 10 rounds of sparring against a 2 time world champion? It's hilarious how you're acting like that wouldn't be completely ridiculously stupid. It doesn't matter whether he'd be concerned or not, why stack the odds against yourself?

This isn't even about Conor, It's a general truth. How often do you ever see boxers release full sparring footage? boxers? there's a reason for it and this is one of them.

Acting like releasing It Is no big deal just shows you need to stop talking

How about Sugar Ray Leonard, Mike Tyson, Larry Holmes, Adrien Broner, Terrance Crawford, George foreman and all the other big name boxers In attendance? The entire boxing media who has no reason to give any credit to an MMA fighter?

How about all the MMA fighters who came out praising him after the fight? DC, Max Holloway, countless others?

Guess my experience boxing for many years means nothing too. There are levels of course, but he can definitely box.

Those boxers would never outwardly say that Mayweather carried him and only put in a bare minimum of training. It’s disrespectful and they would’ve been labeled as being insecure.

The fact that Floyd walked him down flat footed, threw only single shots, never stepped on the gas (until the tenth) and fought completely out of his style should’ve sent red flags up in every boxing enthusiasts head who’s ever seen Floyd fight before. It’s also why you haven’t seen McGregor sign to fight any other boxer.

If you can’t see those signs, I don’t know what to tell you.

Those boxers would never outwardly say that Mayweather carried him and only put in a bare minimum of training. It’s disrespectful and they would’ve been labeled as being insecure.

The fact that Floyd walked him down flat footed, threw only single shots, never stepped on the gas (until the tenth) and fought completely out of his style should’ve sent red flags up in every boxing enthusiasts head who’s ever seen Floyd fight before. It’s also why you haven’t seen McGregor sign to fight any other boxer.

It'ts hard to take you seriously when you're just parroting the same shit every other mma fan says. I broke It all down In another post so I'll just paste It here, It's long but pretty on point. I've been a Floyd since 2007, my old boxing trainer fought him..If you actually think that he didn't train his ass off In his fight to break the Marciano record, I have a bridge to sell you. This post Is pretty universal since I always hear the same dumb shit.

Everything Floyd did from the moment he entered the fight In his shell was planned and strategic.

This is pretty much, word for word parroting what most people said.

No offense, but calling entire boxing community Ignorant( Including some of the most legendary boxers of all time) yet choosing such a short sighted explanation In analysis for Floyd's approach doesn't make much sense..Especially when Floyd's strategy and change throughout was glaringly obvious if you've watched him for a good length of time.

Everything was calculated from his Initial defensive shell, the feeling out process and respect. Baiting Conor into wasting energy with punches while throwing subtle but damaging shots to the body, further sapping his cardio and dragging him Into later rounds. Conor was a small threat early on, He was young, fast, had great reflexes, an awkward style and a southpaw with power. Paulie even said prior to the fight that his style takes time to figure out. If you know Floyd, he's not going to take that risk or allow himself to take more damage than Is necessary. His plan was to go after the body and take the fight Into deep water from the beginning after a feeling out process, adjusting when necessary.

When Floyd changed up his strategy was when Conor was no longer the same threat he was In the earlier rounds, he'd wasted a good amount of energy, along with the body shots continuing to add up throughout the fight..and you seen Floyd become aware of and take advantage of the glaring holes In his defense.

Floyd fights according to his opponents and he changes / adjusts throughout the fight, as always. I've been watching him since 07..though I'd agree that his approach to Conor was unique relative to other opponents. It was the appropriate strategy though, both from the beginning initial shell, feeling out process and subtle / more glaring adjustments throughout the fight to the end. It was the appropriate strategy for Conor. Gotta also take Into account this was a 40 year old Floyd.It was Indicative of the mastery, experience and fight IQ of Floyd, In spite of his physically / technically regressed form above all else. Given who Conor was fighting In that sense, In spite of being well past his prime Is the reason why most of the pros, analysts and general boxing community showed him respect.

In general, most of the opinions from the MMA faction of fans tend to be a bit of a cop out.

In terms of Conor having some boxing talent and potential had he pursued a boxing career Instead, there are many things he does well. Power Is pretty irrelevant to that discussion overall. There are many layers to boxing and for someone to have the potential for success In that realm, you need a combination of elements..and Conor definitely has / had many of them. How far he would've gone if he'd pursued It from the get go, who knows. He could box though

Last edited:

There's no reason for any of those guys to not be honest. Many of them are not the type to sugar coat the truth either. It was genuine respect. Only people who I haven't seen give him respect are people who don't box, predominant MMA fans, or people who are so supremely biased against him that It overpowers all rational thought.

Sugar Ray Leonard is one of the greatest boxers of all time. People should take heed of the credit given where It is due by people with experience and In the know. It's only ever the fans not doing the same, never the fighters.

Because Paulie dies at the end, Conor's team brings him to a Leprechaun for magic and then bug eyed Paulie is reborn.

Same reason we're not going to see the full Mueller report.

Honestly it was a lame move to post footage of the sparring session to make Conor look good, but cmon Paulie.. you were supposed to be there to help get him ready for Floyd.... not to go beat his ass during his training camp. Stfu... he was just promoting the fight. Dont go try to help someone get ready for a fight and try to make yourself relevant. Conor paid Paulie to come spar.

So retarded.

You gotta be kidding. If that was you, you would feel exactly the same way. Professionals, world class professionals at that, have pride. Yes, he came there to help Conor and he even admitted as much. But when Conor started unloading on him in sparring, everything is out the window. Every fighter can tell you when sparring turns into a fight, and this was a fight. Paulie was seemingly even OK with this...

Until McGregor started posting pics of him dropping Paulie. Then (again), what do you expect? Paulie isn't going to be happy, neither would you be, nor should you.

there's a reason why full sparring footage Is rarely If ever fully leaked. This is one of the reasons.

this isn't about Conor.

There's a reason why fighters and their camps watch and study their opponents previous fights. Because all the information you need about your opponent is there in black and white, and colour, in their entire career on film.

Keeping sparring footage buried doesn't suddenly make you immune to being studied.

And that's just non relative, inconsequential sparring footage. Footage that shows and settles a dispute that Conor won the session would be released as its relevance is way greater than it would be revelatory of Conor's secret hidden techniques.

I think generally releasing full sparring footage isn't too bright though. It can often show more than many fights, especially when were talking about the few circumstances where a fighter is genuinely giving Conor trouble on the feet relative to MMA.

Even In regards to Floyd, why would you want him to have 10 rounds of sparring against a 2 time world champion? It's hilarious how you're acting like that wouldn't be completely ridiculously stupid. It doesn't matter whether he'd be concerned or not, why stack the odds against yourself?

This isn't even about Conor, It's a general truth. How often do you ever see boxers release full sparring footage? boxers? there's a reason for it and this is one of them.

Acting like releasing It Is no big deal just shows you need to stop talking
You are wrong. The reason boxers never release shit is first of all they don't record their sparring, most don't. 2nd point, boxers never disrespect other boxers by talking about or bragging about shit that happens in the gym, much less release snippets of the session. It's an unspoken rule, don't do it. Try to find a boxer talking about details of ANY sparring session they've had. Has nothing to do with video However, when Conor did, Paulie has been since the start saying, "fuck you, show the whole thing then so everyone can see for themselves".

And........you obviously don't know much about the sport of boxing so don't try to rationalize any smidgen of why watching a sparring session would help Floyd or any other boxer for that matter learn some kind of secret to beat a guy. Live film in a real fight is much more helpful. It's sparring for christs sake, if you don't understand the difference then we don't need to talk about this anymore.

Because he's probably been closer to lying then telling the truth about how they sparring session went. In all honesty Paulie is one smart dude, which is how he turned a middling boxing career with a couple ABC title reigns into where he's at today retired. I'd be willing to bet money, the whole thing was Paulie's idea before they ever laid a glove on each other, I mean shit this was years ago and we are still talking about it here. I'm telling you, I think all the animosity between the 2 is staged.
Nah Conor has done enough to enough people over the last 2-3 years to confirm his status as a douchebag

Simple reason why is because Paulie could easily get x amount of cash if a full video was posted. Posting a full fight/sparring match without Paulie's consent could easily have Conors team in legal trouble if Paulie decided to go that route. I am sure they been advised of this.

Posting highlights and segments you can get away with.
no you idiot. you can only get in trouble if you profit from it

Back