Why doesn't Conor/RDA feel as special as BJ/GSP 2?

The Countdown shows have been replaced by the video blogs. The UFC's digital platform is a lot better than it was in 2009.

Again... Apples, and oranges. Everything is different. You can't just compare head to head, by using PPV numbers, or social media interest. Seriously, it's an easy concept.

And I have no intention of saying apples, and oranges again. There are times when ppl just disagree looking for a rise.

Though it's been said, I'll add to my post count: It's only a "super fight" because there are 2 belts involved. Dos Anjos is great, but no star. A fight between Conor and Cowboy or Nate Diaz probably would have been bigger regardless of the titles.

BJ was a defending champ who had just smoked Sean Sherk before moving up to WW for that title. Connie hasn't defended anything yet.
Guaranteed Conor RDA outsells Penn GSP 2

The reason it doesn't seem as big is because Conor just fought what seems like yesterday and hasn't been doing PR. As soon as the fight comes closer, it will seem bigger.

UFC don't give a shit what fans want

UFC don't give a shit what fighters want

They just want us to watch Ronda shadowbox and try to act in her shit movie roles and tweet about it

She could beat Cain! Mayweather! So mentally strong!

Even threads about Ronda on here get deleted, that's how shit MMA is getting

Its why I only torrent UFC's stuff, brahs, why support greedy billionaires who treat fans like retarded spastics...

Last edited:
It's a lot bigger for me, I always felt GSP would just do what he always does and grind out a win on the mat, so I wasn't that hyped for it.

This fight has a lot more unknowns so it will be edge of the seat viewing.

Not promoting RDA/McGregor as much as BJ/GSP 2.

Conor is leaving for the US tomorrow, the hype has been simmering so far but I expect it to come to a boil in the next few weeks, I expect another 10 episode embedded for this fight.

Hasn't been promoted that well

Plus half the appeal of GSP/BJ 2 was that they fought before and BJ did pretty well otherwise I'd imagine a lot of people would have predicted the stompening that took place

one,who have 0 defences under his reign,is getting a free tittle match based on popularity.
the other who had defended his belt just 1 is a foreigner who have little push to casuals.
yep... it is very comparable with GSP vs BJ.

EDIT
it will make money,don't worry.
McG is the new fad.

Last edited:
lol. You seem to want this to be so much bigger then it is. These are two champions that have accomplished nothing in their divisions. This fight hardly feels significant. Way more coverage is going to Ronda and her interview then to Conor and him moving up in weight for a champion vs champion fight.
Yeah you keep thinking that son. also Ronda has become so irrelevant she had to pull the woe is me card LOL.

also the paper view will top 1,000,000 buys simply because more people are watching mma now than when pierre vs penn 2 happened.
More are watching, but I'd say even more are streaming for free...

It's a lot bigger for me, I always felt GSP would just do what he always does and grind out a win on the mat, so I wasn't that hyped for it.

This fight has a lot more unknowns so it will be edge of the seat viewing.
You figured he would grind it out on the mat? I don't believe you watched then

He was coming off a beating of Fitch, a lot of stand up. A stoppage of serra in the first, and a sub of Hughes in the 2nd

Both are champ vs champ fights, but Conor/RDA just doesn't have the same excitement that BJ/GSP 2 had for me. I still have never been more excited for a fight than BJ/GSP 2.

But I do think that they aren't marketing Conor/RDA enough. I remember UFC 94 had the first primetime series, which generated so much hype.

Is it just me? Which fight excites(ed) you more?

Edit: Also wanted to add, BJ/GSP 2 attracted way more debate amongst the MMA community boths fans and fighters alike
Because BJ was an established champ. Also superfights never live up to the hype.

It feels pretty fucking special to me tbh.

Never forget this fucking tweet:

In the end NONE of those fights ever happened. Atleast this one will.

None except the fight that was supposedly lost 4EVER!

Cerrone/Mc, Bendo/Mc wouldla been nice but Pettis/Mc woulda felt pretty special.

BJ was a defending champ who had just smoked Sean Sherk before moving up to WW for that title. Connie hasn't defended anything yet.
Plus RDA is not anywhere near the status of GSP at that time.
Add in that there first fight was very close and somewhat a contested decision, at least by some.

RDA and Conor are clearly not even on the level of MMA greatness that both of those guys were. After McGregor beat Aldo I can't even tell what's trolling or what isn't any more on this forum.

BJ was fighting above his ideal weight class, a great challenge.

Conor is finally not, cowardly, fighting below his ideal weight class.

This is no super-fight.

You figured he would grind it out on the mat? I don't believe you watched then

He was coming off a beating of Fitch, a lot of stand up. A stoppage of serra in the first, and a sub of Hughes in the 2nd
I don't really care what you believe, I watched it and it went down as I thought it would, I'm sure a lot of people thought it would go like it did.

Because it's rushed and nether are dominant champions with any history between the 2

Back