Why doesn't Catch Wrestling get cred??

Catch is NOTHING but old school wrestling incorporating turn of the century jiu jitsu. So of course it is effective!

Dudes rather wear pajamas then banana hammocks.

You do know Sakuraba arm barr'd some fool in a heavyweight tournament (that he was under the Middleweight limit for) because Japanese catch incorporates Judo Ne Waza AKA BJJ?

Billy Riley and his legendary Snake Pit gym in Wigan, England, read about the history there and how Catch reached Japan and the US. Billy Robinson came from there (Wigan's Snake Pit). Barnett, Paulson and others can be seen on YouTube learning from Robinson, who learned directly from Riley himself.

There's also a Snake Pit USA and Scientific Wrestling, which Robinson was the head coach of until his recent death. I like Jiu-Jitsu and Catch. The Gracies were taught by the Japanese that not only knew what Catch was, they competed in it and taught it to them along with incorporating Judo techniques and those from Japanese Jiu-Jitsu. This later became BJJ.

Josh barnett came from catch wrestling if i remember correctly

B/C Rogan belongs to the school of "I AM PUSSY"
WewNTbq16ijcs.gif
9Kld2fTQ2iv4Y.gif

Remember that one time his stupid friend sorta almost maybe beat a Gracie?

But nope, Gracies are still "great", yea right
eddie bravo did beat royler gracie by triangle choke

eddie bravo did beat royler gracie by triangle choke
Get any Brazillian to admit it, then it's a real win, well most would say he beat him twice, but of course they used pro-Gracie rules.

Get any Brazillian to admit it, then it's a real win, well most would say he beat him twice, but of course they used pro-Gracie rules.
I dont understand the way they come across. To be fair most of the catch wrestling guys think their way is superior also.

WTF is catch anyway? It all looks the same to me.
It was funneled through the English but originated from many styles throughout the world some of them thousands of years old(Iranian and Indian). It had rivalry and cross pollination with several styles eg Judo, BJJ, etc.

BNB, wasn't Billy Robinson a Brit? How come Catch wrestling never really caught on in England and why are so many Brits weak in wrestling in general?

Most catch wrestlers in the UK ended up going down the pro wrestling route.

Back