Why doesn’t the UFC have multiple people in press conferences anymore?

They stopped doing it pre-pandemic for the sake of efficiency.

It's a giant pain in the ass to wait for the fighters from the main event and co-main to get medically cleared, provide their post-fight urine samples, get cleaned up, talk to relatives backstage etc.

It's much easier just to let the fighters go out and have individual scrums whenever they're ready to talk.

Probably a waste of time for most fighters. If I remember correctly , the bulk of the questions were directed towards 1 or 2 fighters and then the others were sitting there looking pathetic. Nothing more pathetic looking than a fighter with a lumped up face, in a cheap suit, hoping to get attention from Ariel Helwani.

Probably a waste of time for most fighters. If I remember correctly , the bulk of the questions were directed towards 1 or 2 fighters and then the others were sitting there looking pathetic. Nothing more pathetic looking than a fighter with a lumped up face, in a cheap suit, hoping to get attention from Ariel Helwani.
this. you would have 20 of the greatest, most popular fighters on stage. One of them being Conor.

Guess who got 100% of the questions?

this. you would have 20 of the greatest, most popular fighters on stage. One of them being Conor.

Guess who got 100% of the questions?

Sometimes a fighter would get the occasional courtesy question, like that reporter was going to report on that one question alone. Lol

waste of time for most fighters... yes.

but without that waste of time, we don't get...
<28><28><28>

let them waste their time for these precious moments.

Because the UFC has to pay the fighters to turn up and only 1 or 2 fighters would be the actual attraction

Yeah, this is the answer. The way they do it now every fighter they want to put in front of the press gets their chance to field questions. It used to be that you'd get say, CB Dolloway sitting there for an hour with nobody asking him anything.

23773278-0-image-a-12_1579784331717.jpg

Yeah, this is the answer. The way they do it now every fighter they want to put in front of the press gets their chance to field questions. It used to be that you'd get say, CB Dolloway sitting there for an hour with nobody asking him anything.

Pretty much how it was. Probably embarrassing for some fighters.

Back