Why doesn’t Francis Ngannou ever pay homage to sokoudjou ?

Free fight - Glover vs Sojoudjou

Even though he lost, sokoudjou actually showed some heart in this fight. I still say sokoudjou should of beat mousasi but for some reason he just checked out mentally after the first round

Sokoudjou also has a win over Jan

How much weed do you guys smoke to come up with these completely meaningless questions?

Even though he lost, sokoudjou actually showed some heart in this fight. I still say sokoudjou should of beat mousasi but for some reason he just checked out mentally after the first round

Yeah, Sokoudjou didn't just get straight up murdered in that one.
I remember after the Rogerio fight, everyone was looking for Soko's sole loss, so the first guy who uploaded the Glover fight got a crazy amount of views for the time.

When it comes to the Mousasi fight, I'm just happy it happened at all, since when Gegard left the SUPER HLUK GP (where they were sure to meet) to go fight Babalu in Strikeforce, it seemed like we would never see this awesome fight.

And when it did, by that time Babalu had just sub'd Sokoudjou and got KO'd by Mousasi a few months later, so the Soko vs Gegard fight seemed a little less exciting.

Before that, Soko had only lost to Machida, who seemed to be the new perfect LHW, to Luiz Cane, who seemed to be the new LHW N'Gannou of the past, it's still reasonnable...
But even if Babalu was still an elite, things were starting to add up.
The fight was good though, Gegard was on point that night.

The following years showed us that the best fighter indeed won that night, and that even with all the talent in the world like Thierry has, plus a great camp, and a strong background in grappling (Judo), sometimes it's not even enough to be competitive at the highest levels.

Let's hope Francis N'Gannou will not be another story like that, and that if he loses to Stipe again, he won't stop getting better, making progresses and be competitive at the top...
there could always be a third title shot in a couple years, maybe with someone else at the top, if he keeps beating everyone else...

Back