Why does wonderboy get so much credit for beating post USADA hendricks?

That's not Fncking cool Bro! I thought Bob Barker died and I missed it. Not Fncking cool at all.<35>

Apologies, but fighters post here and I figured I give 'em a freebie for the future. It's gonna happen, and clearly we'll all be affected.

My money's on Conor after losing to Doo Ho Choi, beginning of 2018.

He's beaten plenty....including Gomi and Condit.....we have eyes....shitty judges and politically driven commissions cant change that.

He would probably win the belt if he fought for it tomorrow....none of these guys are as good as prime GSP....and we can thank USADA for that....

Nick Diaz is a PED free fighter who has fought to the distance with many greats. With PEDs not necessarily gone, but severely limited, these guys dont stand a chance....

The only fighter with the guts to step in there against BJ, GSP and AS.....

So to illustrate Nick's elite fighter prowess you picked a win over a LW 10 years ago and a fight that he didn't even win.

Exactly my point.

I didn't think he looked his best vs Kelvin either, but he looked fine after the first round. Clearly won the second then came down to the third which I think he edged.

I agree with his biggest problems though. I think a camp change might help him.
I would have to watch the fight again but, I don't remember thinking it was in anyway close, thought clear UD for Kelvin.

Course I was enraged that Hendricks said its ok to have the burger but NOT the fries.:mad:

You guys are such haters. "Looked horrible since USADA".

I don't remember exactly when USADA came in but either way, was robbed against Robbie, beat Brown easily, Wonderboy beat him good, arguably beat Kelvin(Kelvin looked better than ever).

It's coincidental. He has not looked like a champion since he lost the belt. He did plenty to beat Brown but clearly lost to Gastelum. Dude can't even make weight AND take a poop for fuck's sake. He needs to change his preparation. Or move to MW and lose more fights.

He's beaten plenty....including Gomi and Condit.....we have eyes....shitty judges and politically driven commissions cant change that.

He would probably win the belt if he fought for it tomorrow....none of these guys are as good as prime GSP....and we can thank USADA for that....

Nick Diaz is a PED free fighter who has fought to the distance with many greats. With PEDs not necessarily gone, but severely limited, these guys dont stand a chance....

you think he beat Sherk too dontcha? Delusional nuthanging Diaz fans man. They're almost as bad as BJs old fans.

Agree with everything, but where you said he arguably beat Kelvin. It was very competitive, but Kelvin clearly won that, imo. Also thought he beat Woodley, when they fought.
I do think Kelvin won too vs Woodley. But yes, the Kelvin fight with Johny was competitive...people act like it was a destruction by Kelvin. FOTN for me & I think it came down to the third which Johny edged. Haven't watched since but the people I was watching with(non Johny hating Sherdoggers) agreed with me.

There's so many different versions of fighters now.

Motivated, With that Look, Prime, Sea Level, Strikeforce, Pride, 36 new Pre/Post USADA's, At Altitude, Bald, TRT, In a Ring, Over the Rainbow, Uber, Econo, Post Bob Barker's Death...

It never ends. I wonder if they get different birthday's.... "No it was HW Cormier's birthday last month, today is LHW Cormier's birthday. So get me chicken and put on wrestling Luke."

Married JDS is a good one, too

Not that hard to look impressive against a terribly regressed fighter
There's no evidence that he's terribly regressed tho. He got destroyed by wonderboy then had a close fight with Kelvin. He's still a legit top 10 guy. Two lost fights, both against legit guys & one pretty close, does not mean a guy sucks ass. Hendricks had trouble with his weight before usada.

There's no evidence that he's terribly regressed tho. He got destroyed by wonderboy then had a close fight with Kelvin. He's still a legit top 10 guy. Two lost fights, both against legit guys & one pretty close, does not mean a guy sucks ass. Hendricks had trouble with his weight before usada.

My belief is that Hendricks is just as good as he always was. He won a few split decisions that got him a title fight with GSP where he did look amazing. Then he went back to looking like typical Hendricks. I think he was just a bad matchup for GSP. I also believe people are exaggerating or inventing his decline because they underrated Gastelum and Wonderboy. Both are top tier title contenders at this point, in my opinion.

He hasn't beaten anyone in the past 5 years. & he clearly lost to condit. He probably would not win the belt. I love the Diaz bros but the delusional 209 fans get really old.

I would agree with you, but he also beat Rory, and Rory is in his absolute peak right now.

You're an idiot. It's not like Hendricks is fighting scrubs.

He hasn't beaten anyone in the past 5 years. & he clearly lost to condit. He probably would not win the belt. I love the Diaz bros but the delusional 209 fans get really old.

Condit ran the whole time...he should have been deducted for timidity....and even though he wasn't, he still shouldnt have gotten the decision....Diaz clearly won 3 rounds.....

Condit ran the whole time...he should have been deducted for timidity....and even though he wasn't, he still shouldnt have gotten the decision....Diaz clearly won 3 rounds.....
I have trouble giving Nick more than one round. & at the time I was a huge Nick fan & I wanted him to win bad. But he just didn't. Condit schooled him in footwork. Just schooled him. He landed the more effective strikes. I've watched that fight at least 3 times & all 3 times I gave Nick one round. He just didn't have it in him to make it a competitive fight.

I have trouble giving Nick more than one round. & at the time I was a huge Nick fan & I wanted him to win bad. But he just didn't. Condit schooled him in footwork. Just schooled him. He landed the more effective strikes. I've watched that fight at least 3 times & all 3 times I gave Nick one round. He just didn't have it in him to make it a competitive fight.

I dont score dancing or fight avoidance....in fact, fight avoidance hurts a fighter in the "effective aggression" portion of how i score fights....rounds that diaz won, diaz won.....rounds that were tied or too razor close to call go to diaz for being the effective aggressor for those exchanges and rounds....

Running, skipping or dancing away from your opponent should not be rewarded in mma.....mma is a combat sport....the only reward timidity should bring is if it is a more effective way to finish your opponent....not to avoid engagement....if timidity does not lead to a finish, it should hurt the fighter on the scorecards....

There is a serious timidity problem when a fighter is backing up so much that his opponent can literally walk up to him with his hands down and slap the shit out of him twice and the guy is STILL just backing up....

Further....if you dont want to fight an opponent, dont sign the contract....noone wants to see that shit, which is part of the reason it rightfully should be penalized....this is spectator sport...if you reward shit like that you will have fighters playing "tag youre it" in the octagon.

Say what you want about GSP's style....but at least he imposed his will on his opponents instead of running away and praying the judges are stupid....

Last edited:
I dont score dancing or fight avoidance....in fact, fight avoidance hurts a fighter in the "effective aggression" portion of how i score fights....rounds that diaz won, diaz won.....rounds that were tied or too razor close to call go to diaz for being the effective aggressor for those exchanges and rounds....

Running, skipping or dancing away from your opponent should not be rewarded in mma.....mma is a combat sport....the only reward timidity should bring is if it is a more effective way to finish your opponent....not to avoid engagement....if timidity does not lead to a finish, it should hurt the fighter on the scorecards....
When I watch the fight, I see condit landing more effective strikes. He is moving away a lot. But to me, it just looks like Diaz eats more shots through out the fight. If you could somehow tally up the damage in a percentage form like a video game, like 56% damage to the head, that kinda shit, I feel like nicks would be higher. Even tho he did come forward the whole time.

When I watch the fight, I see condit landing more effective strikes. He is moving away a lot. But to me, it just looks like Diaz eats more shots through out the fight. If you could somehow tally up the damage in a percentage form like a video game, like 56% damage to the head, that kinda shit, I feel like nicks would be higher. Even tho he did come forward the whole time.
I gave Condit 3 and 4....even if he was backing up...he did enough to secure those rounds....however in rounds 1, 2 and 5....he simply didn't land the more effective shots and spent the vast majority of those rounds running away....

Those leg kicks weren't doing shit to diaz....this wasn't aldo or shogun leg kicks....they were strictly to "score".....they weren't doing any damage, which is the exact reason they shouldn't be weighted heavily.....Diaz wasn't limping after 68 leg kicks....and he doesnt exactly have the most muscular legs....

Fun Fact: If you remove the leg kick stats that didn't even phase diaz and just go with head and body shots....Diaz outstruck Condit 111-91 (SIG 99-83) (Head 62-55...Body 49-36).....only diaz' shots were looking to do damage while condits were designed to take it to the scorecards.....

Condit even admitted that he knew he couldn't finish diaz, which is why he ran so much and wasn't committing to his strike.....he admitted after the fight that the gameplan was to take it to the score cards....

Last edited:
I gave Condit 3 and 4....even if he was backing up...he did enough to secure those rounds....however in rounds 1, 2 and 5....he simply didn't land the more effective shots and spent the vast majority of those rounds running away....
Gotta disagree. It's been a while since I watched the fight so I can't remember any specific strikes in the 5th round, but I remember thinking he out struck Nick the worst in that round, although Nick did get like 40 seconds of back control, I didn't give it to him solely bc of that.

Gotta disagree. It's been a while since I watched the fight so I can't remember any specific strikes in the 5th round, but I remember thinking he out struck Nick the worst in that round, although Nick did get like 40 seconds of back control, I didn't give it to him solely bc of that.

When i think "out struck" im thinking of not necessarily who landed the highest raw number of shots....but who is putting the harder shots on their opponent and looking to hurt them....of course this is a balancing act as one landed heymaker that drops your opponent, shouldn't be scored over 25 jabs landed that do no damage....but running away AND hurting your opponent less should almost automatically result in the opponent getting the round....

Back