Why does wonderboy get so much credit for beating post USADA hendricks?

Even 60% Hendrix is still enough to beat half of the division, imo. Wonderboy is the most technical stand up fighter in the UFC today, period. His distance, timing and elusiveness are second to none in the sport. It´s gonna be very hard for someone to beat him up technically in a fight, you gotta turn it into a brawl, like Brown did and like Lawler probably would have done, but we'll never know. In the Woodley fight Lawler got too worried with that right overhand and forgot to do his thing, so he did nothing for more than 2 minutes in that fight and gave Woodley the perfect opportunity to prepare, aim and land that big bomb. Had Lawler done what he usually does, which is to press forward and bring the fight to Woodley just to make him worry (as he usually does when he is pressed, like in the Rory fight) maybe (I said maybe) that fight would have a different outcome.

You guys are such haters. "Looked horrible since USADA".

I don't remember exactly when USADA came in but either way, was robbed against Robbie, beat Brown easily, Wonderboy beat him good, arguably beat Kelvin(Kelvin looked better than ever).

I dunno.... Why does Nick Diaz get so much credit for not beating anyone at all?

He's beaten plenty....including Gomi and Condit.....we have eyes....shitty judges and politically driven commissions cant change that.

He would probably win the belt if he fought for it tomorrow....none of these guys are as good as prime GSP....and we can thank USADA for that....

Nick Diaz is a PED free fighter who has fought to the distance with many greats. With PEDs not necessarily gone, but severely limited, these guys dont stand a chance....

The only fighter with the guts to step in there against BJ, GSP and AS.....

View attachment 125961

yeah post USADA is real though pal, Hendricks is one of many who look quite different since USADA came on the scene, I do believe he is still a top WW though, but around no.5 rather than top 2

I do believe that it scared off some fighters but to use it as a blanket statement anytime we see a decline in a fighter is bullshit imo. There are plenty of factors that could explain Hendricks' decline. Years of shitty weight cutting practices, years of being in combat sports in general, etc. Thompson is also a bad matchup for Hendricks.

He was the first to do it. And he looked like he was the handicapped boss in a video game, so I'd say that was impressive from Wonderboy no matter what.

I don't remember exactly when USADA came in but either way, was robbed against Robbie, beat Brown easily, Wonderboy beat him good, arguably beat Kelvin(Kelvin looked better than ever).

He got smoked by Thompson and certainly didn't look his best against Gastelum. Johny's biggest problems right now seem like focus and dietary discipline.

He got smoked by Thompson and certainly didn't look his best against Gastelum. Johny's biggest problems right now seem like focus and dietary discipline.
I didn't think he looked his best vs Kelvin either, but he looked fine after the first round. Clearly won the second then came down to the third which I think he edged.

I agree with his biggest problems though. I think a camp change might help him.

His nose had fully healed which was what really got punished against Lawler.

And as for layoffs, didn't Woodley just win the title coming off a layoff?

And WB beat Rory technically, it's not like it was a war where Rory's body gave out on him due to previous punishment.

Rory did lose a technical fight. However, he was gunshy and not aggressive vs Wonderboy.

Wonderboy's skills may be a reason but also getting finished in a brutal war in his previous bout might have something to do with that.

I'm sure if you try hard enough TS you can find a way to discredit everything Wonderboy has ever done. Fighters improve and they regress. Wonderboy can only control how he prepares and what he does in the cage. He destroyed Hendricks, and I think his skills had a lot to do with it. Feel free to think differently and we'll agree to disagree.

45WW0wy.gif

Even 60% Hendrix is still enough to beat half of the division, imo. Wonderboy is the most technical stand up fighter in the UFC today, period. His distance, timing and elusiveness are second to none in the sport. It´s gonna be very hard for someone to beat him up technically in a fight, you gotta turn it into a brawl, like Brown did and like Lawler probably would have done, but we'll never know. In the Woodley fight Lawler got too worried with that right overhand and forgot to do his thing, so he did nothing for more than 2 minutes in that fight and gave Woodley the perfect opportunity to prepare, aim and land that big bomb. Had Lawler done what he usually does, which is to press forward and bring the fight to Woodley just to make him worry (as he usually does when he is pressed, like in the Rory fight) maybe (I said maybe) that fight would have a different outcome.

Nothing weaker than not giving a champ his due. Lawler got KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT. You guys need to deal with it

Rory did lose a technical fight. However, he was gunshy and not aggressive vs Wonderboy.

Wonderboy's skills may be a reason but also getting finished in a brutal war in his previous bout might have something to do with that.

WB wants you to be aggressive. That's where he's most effective. Rory knows this.

I dont know rory just looked tentative as shit and gun shy in that fight. Which dont get me wrong could be simply because of wonderboys elusiveness, but i expected more out of wonderboy after hearing all the hype . I just wasnt impressed

Then I'd say you don't know what you're talking about. You fall for hype and what Wonderboy did to Rory was a quality win at a high level of MMA.

Nothing weaker than not giving a champ his due. Lawler got KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT. You guys need to deal with it
I guess you have a problem with interpretation, but I´ll make it easier for you.... I said MAYBE, even repeated it, if he hadn´t freezed the outcome would´ve been different. Learn to read punk.

Rory is not a decent win, is an a
amazing win and the first time he was dominated in his career
You can tell TS has an agenda, calling Rory a 'decent win'.

Rory had never been picked apart before, and Wonderboy was just too much for him. Top 3 best for wins at WW, imo.

I guess you have a problem with interpretation, but I´ll make it easier for you.... I said MAYBE, even repeated it, if he hadn´t freezed the outcome would´ve been different. Learn to read punk.

Woodley caused Robbie to lower his hands with some feints.

Woodley caused Robbie to lower his hands with some feints.
Yes, he did, after he felt confident enough to stalk the champion for not doing anything (not one single punch or combo at all).... if you watch the previous fights of both fighter you´ll see what I´m talking about.... Woodley was never the agressor (check the Rory fight, Condit and even Gastelum fight.... I´m talking about being the agressor not winning cause we know he won the Condit and Gastelum fights) and Lawler always starting bringing it. More or less like the Aldo vs Conor fight, but the other way around. Aldo is always cautious and a counter puncher, yet he started like as insane brawler.... I´m not saying both fights would´ve ended differently, just discussing a point.

I think Rory is the one that's overrated like crazy around here. Thompson gets credit because he really hasn't had any trouble at all in any of his fights.
Rory is rated pretty fairly. He has wins over Maia, Woodley, Saffiedine, BJ, and Nate. Not to mention, he gave Lawler and Condit a huge run for their money.

Agree with everything, but where you said he arguably beat Kelvin. It was very competitive, but Kelvin clearly won that, imo. Also thought he beat Woodley, when they fought.

Back