Why does wonderboy get so much credit for beating post USADA hendricks?

He finished the man that beat GSP into retirement. Must shut up and bow.

Because Hendricks had never been TKOed and you don't get penalized because you didn't beat a guy on steroids.

Thompson's performance in that fight is one of the most impressive in MMA history.

To keep such a high quality wrestler on the outside, out of boxing range, and pummel him with fancy kicks into a TKO in one round, taking no damage, from a guy who beat up GSP, wow!

It's almost as though some people on Sherdog do not want to see Wonderboy fight Woodley?

<mma3>

There's so many different versions of fighters now.

Motivated, With that Look, Prime, Sea Level, Strikeforce, Pride, 36 new Pre/Post USADA's, At Altitude, Bald, TRT, In a Ring, Over the Rainbow, Uber, Econo, Post Bob Barker's Death...

It never ends. I wonder if they get different birthday's.... "No it was HW Cormier's birthday last month, today is LHW Cormier's birthday. So get me chicken and put on wrestling Luke."

Not a bashing thread at all, rory is a decent win. But why is everyone overrating the hendricks win? Hendricks has looked terrible ever since USADA , so beating him isnt that impressive. He literally doesnt even take fighting seriously anymore and has vocally spoken out about how much he likes cheeseburgers. He missed weight his last fight and another time against woodley, and even when he does make it to the octagon he looks nothing like before. Did you guys see him at 200? How is beating that guy impressive anymore?

Seriously though stop overrating that win hendricks isnt the same fighter he is when he fought GSP or even robbie.

Legit post. Wonderboy gets no credit from me for beating post USADA/deflated Hendricks. It's a mediocre win -- on par with Weidman beating a flabby Vitor.

Wonderboy knocking out Hendricks was equal to Hendricks knocking out Fitch.

I think Rory is the one that's overrated like crazy around here. Thompson gets credit because he really hasn't had any trouble at all in any of his fights.

Wonderboy is hot right now, dude's a ninja

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

This whole "post USADA" meme is borderline fighter bashing regardless of what you say. It was a great signature win for Wonderboy. And calling a win over Rory just "decent" is laughable. Completely out-techniqued an elite fighter.

ericksilva-660x4001.jpg

yeah post USADA is real though pal, Hendricks is one of many who look quite different since USADA came on the scene, I do believe he is still a top WW though, but around no.5 rather than top 2

This whole "post USADA" thing is getting a little ridiculous. It's a chicken shit PED accusation and everyone knows it. I can see and understand what youre saying and Im not speaking solely to TS. Didn't people use to get banned or dubbed for that? Not trying to sound like a snatch but it's not like fighters have never suffered steep and rapid declines prior to USADA. Fighters can turn to shit without having been on or coming off the sauce.

Last edited:
Post USADA Hendricks gave Gastelum a pretty decent fight AFTER getting absolutely annihilated by Wonderboy. Wonderboy objectively looks like the best WW in the world right now, quit making excuses because you like Woodley.

Damn!!! Silva looks huge in that picture.

compare that Erick who was a straight up killer to the one who fought a shit boring gasfest with Neil Magny and then got KO'd like it was nothing by Nordine Taleb (who?) lol, juice power

So basically what TS is saying is that Fighter X isn't impressive for beating Fighter Y because of "Insert Random Negative about Fighter Y".

For example: GSP's (Fighter X) run at WW isn't impressive because he had a close fight with Johnny Hendricks aka Fighter Y who wasn't even able to defend his belt once after winning it in a close SD over Lawler.

or how about inverting it. Fighter X isn't good because they lost to Fighter Y "insert random compliment to fighter Y"

Example: Demetrious Johnson isn't impressive at Fly Weight because he lost to Cruz at BW and that's the only good fighter he ever fought.

really sick of people sayin this shit about guys who have never tested positive. mods use to dish out yellows like nothing for nonsense like this, and now this is all you morons talk about. plz stfu n gtfo

Not that hard to look impressive against a terribly regressed fighter

true but he was still the first to do it. Pig Rig definitely regressed but had always shown a good chin. So it was pretty impressive either way, he's got a substantial hype train behind him rn and the background to justify it but he didnt look as amazing in his last fight. Hard to gauge the ceiling on him just yet.

There's so many different versions of fighters now.

Motivated, With that Look, Prime, Sea Level, Strikeforce, Pride, 36 new Pre/Post USADA's, At Altitude, Bald, TRT, In a Ring, Over the Rainbow, Uber, Econo, Post Bob Barker's Death...

It never ends. I wonder if they get different birthday's.... "No it was HW Cormier's birthday last month, today is LHW Cormier's birthday. So get me chicken and put on wrestling Luke."
That's not Fncking cool Bro! I thought Bob Barker died and I missed it. Not Fncking cool at all.<35>

Back