Why does wonderboy get so much credit for beating post USADA hendricks?

Money509

A Level Poster
@Silver
Reaction score
Not a bashing thread at all, rory is a decent win. But why is everyone overrating the hendricks win? Hendricks has looked terrible ever since USADA , so beating him isnt that impressive. He literally doesnt even take fighting seriously anymore and has vocally spoken out about how much he likes cheeseburgers. He missed weight his last fight and another time against woodley, and even when he does make it to the octagon he looks nothing like before. Did you guys see him at 200? How is beating that guy impressive anymore?

Seriously though stop overrating that win hendricks isnt the same fighter he is when he fought GSP or even robbie.

Because he made him like an absolute amateur.

Because Wonderboy is the first guy to knock him out and totally blitz him like that.

It's not like Hendricks was on a 4 fight losing streak. Wonderboy was the first one. And Kelvin is legit competiition as well.

he gets credit cause he was the one in the room where it happened the room where it happened

It's cool to blame juice on a fighter losing these days, but there is much more going with Hendricks.

It is how he did it.
45WW0wy.gif

Besides, TS is revisionist as fuck.

Hendricks was the betting favorite for that fight on all websites at that time. ;)

Last edited:
It was a cool finish. Did you see the fight? Nice kicks and a deflated Hendricks made for a good fight. I think it's on fight pass

Not that hard to look impressive against a terribly regressed fighter

Woodley won a split decision over Gastelum, Gastelum just beat Hendricks by decision.

This idea that Hendricks is shot is ridiculous, he's still a top WW contender.

Unless he's forced to go to 185 due to his cutting issues..

Last edited:
Rory is not a decent win, is an a
amazing win and the first time he was dominated in his career

Rory is not a decent win, is an a
amazing win and the first time he was dominated in his career
I said decent win because it was layoff rory/ post robbie rory.

I said decent win because it was layoff rory/ post robbie rory.

His nose had fully healed which was what really got punished against Lawler.

And as for layoffs, didn't Woodley just win the title coming off a layoff?

And WB beat Rory technically, it's not like it was a war where Rory's body gave out on him due to previous punishment.

His nose had fully healed which was what really got punished against Lawler.

And as for layoffs, didn't Woodley just win the title coming off a layoff?

And WB beat Rory technically, it's not like it was a war where Rory's body gave out on him due to previous punishment.
I dont know rory just looked tentative as shit and gun shy in that fight. Which dont get me wrong could be simply because of wonderboys elusiveness, but i expected more out of wonderboy after hearing all the hype . I just wasnt impressed

I dont know rory just looked tentative as shit and gun shy in that fight. Which dont get me wrong could be simply because of wonderboys elusiveness, but i expected more out of wonderboy after hearing all the hype . I just wasnt impressed

He looked like that because of who he was facing. He knows how quickly WB can punish you so he had to be very careful.

He didn't even want to strike with him which is why he kept jumping in for his leg to try and get him down.

This whole "post USADA" meme is borderline fighter bashing regardless of what you say. It was a great signature win for Wonderboy. And calling a win over Rory just "decent" is laughable. Completely out-techniqued an elite fighter.

It is how he did it.
total domination in round one

now everybody is thinking Jonny is a can.....
Wonderboy also worked over Rory in impressive fashion
He is definitely deserving of a title shot
and could hold the belt for awhile imo

Not that hard to look impressive against a terribly regressed fighter

There was absolutely nothing to suggest he had regressed coming into that fight. Johny had had some weight problems, but he looked great coming into the Thompson fight. If Johny has regressed, I'd point to the beating he received from Wonderboy as the cause rather than the explanation for that regression.

Beating Hendricks was a great win for Wonderboy.

I dunno.... Why does Nick Diaz get so much credit for not beating anyone at all?

Back