Why does Whittaker get over looked?

It depends on how you want to look at this sport.

If you think that the fight is reminiscent of a draw, then that's great. I don't look at this "sport" as much of a sport. WME have completely destroyed any semblance of the best fighting the best, belts don't mean jack shit today either. We can nitpick and 10 point must system the hell out of a fight, but the reality of it is, one man will never be the same after that fight and the other will march on. Romero absolutely killed Robert Whittaker in that fight, how he didn't get two 10-8 rounds, I'll just never understand. There is dropping someone, and then there is almost killing someone, he beat the living hell out of Robert.

Yoel lost the first fight, but even that was a super close battle. This idea that Robert Whittaker is the best fighter in that division over Yoel Romero is just ludicrous to me. Okay, he's the better point scorer, but he's not the better fighter.
You're just butt-hurt that your roided up shit-stooler is 0-2 against the best MW.

Romero clearly won their second fight.

The 2nd fight was contentious and Roidmero was so big (fighting a former WW no less) he couldn't even make weight.

The 1st fight was 100% Whittaker. Literally. 3 judges and 23 media all scored it for one-legged Whittaker either 48-47 or 49-46. Zero scored it for Roidmero.

Also, Yoel's gotten lucky that Rob has been injured in both fights. A 100% healthy Rob waxes Yoel easy. Nobody at MW has anything for a 100% healthy Reaper.

His reputation took a hit after the beating yoel gave him the last fight. Prior to that a lot of people were hyping him up

Cause Romero is a freaking beast, he badly injured Whittaker in the two fights and he could have won the second fight if it weren't for the judges

"He could have one the second fight if it weren't for losing it"

The 2nd fight was contentious and Roidmero was so big (fighting a former WW no less) he couldn't even make weight.

The 1st fight was 100% Whittaker. Literally. 3 judges and 23 media all scored it for one-legged Whittaker either 48-47 or 49-46. Zero scored it for Roidmero.

Also, Yoel's gotten lucky that Rob has been injured in both fights. A 100% healthy Rob waxes Yoel easy. Nobody at MW has anything for a 100% healthy Reaper.
He got injured mid fight, he will always get injured mid fight fighting Yoel since Yoel has great defense, and juts out his hard elbows that break Whittaker's glass hands. If anything, Yoel beat the living shit out of Whittaker with only one eye and first time fighting completely orthodox.

Whittaker is salty for this loss. If we know that he wants to see himself as a warrior, and he always remarked upon this, saying that the first fight was close and that he tremendously improved since and feels he needs to put out Yoel to put an exclamation part of who is the better fighter, then how the second fight actually gone will no doubt leave Whittaker salty because he wasn't able to put out Yoel or dominate, rather he was the one getting the bitter end of punishment and rocked and dropped.

He got injured mid fight, he will always get injured mid fight fighting Yoel since Yoel has great defense, and juts out his hard elbows that break Whittaker's glass hands. If anything, Yoel beat the living shit out of Whittaker with only one eye and first time fighting completely orthodox.

Whittaker is salty for this loss. If we know that he wants to see himself as a warrior, and he always remarked upon this, saying that the first fight was close and that he tremendously improved since and feels he needs to put out Yoel to put an exclamation part of who is the better fighter, then how the second fight actually gone will no doubt leave Whittaker salty because he wasn't able to put out Yoel or dominate, rather he was the one getting the bitter end of punishment and rocked and dropped.

2-0

Cry about it some more though, that'll help.

Other fighters seem to shout out Yoel as a beast and the fighter they'd least like to fight, guys like Woodly saying he would want nothing to do with him, just watched an interview with Till and he says he's glad Yoel is moving up a weight because he doesn't want to fight him because he's a fucking beast... No one ever seems to mention Whittaker, even though he fought and beat Yoel twice, is unbeaten at 185, took out Jacare too at a point people where avoiding him.

Why is he not seen as a beast and the top dog?
First off , he beat a much smaller version of ronaldo (and older).Also Romero is a beatable fighter, I don't care what anyone says.Also Robert seems to be a bit brittle so I'm not saying he isn't a great fighter but i will reserve my opinion until I see him fight other elite 185ers. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he got upset in a title fight where he was a substantial favorite----- but thats me.

Romero is better, not even an argument.

So you are saying Romero is better than the guy that beat him twice?

W8cXWph.jpg

You need to watch actual fights.

I've seen all of ngannou's fights including the last one that was hard to hear over the booing

One round wonders tend to get exposed and then lose a lot in heavyweight

Shane carwin had similar hype right up until he didn't

Injured lol.

He just came on quick, and never got much hype behind him.

Whittaker has proven to be head-and-shoulders the best middleweight in the division, and arguably the GOAT for 185.

Tavares - KO
Hall
Natal
Brunson - KO
Jacare - KO
Romero
Romero

Name me another middleweight in the history of the sport that makes that run sequentially undefeated.

Keep in mind Romero went to a controversial split decision with Jacare in this era, just two fights prior to Robert cleaning him out. He's the most well rounded guy in the division and has durability and fight IQ through the roof.

No one stays undefeated forever, and most of the very long undefeated streaks (see: Anderson Silva) has fate and or favorable bookings help with padding.

Bobby Knuckles is one of the most proven middleweights of all time. They had him beat Romero twice in a row to put a stamp on it FFS.

Whittaker is not as good as Romero, simple, Romero almost took his life.

Still waiting for something resembling logic. You are a Romero fan so he is automatically better than the guy he lost to twice ?

Remind me again who is the champ ?

I scored the first fight 48-47 for Whittaker, the second one 48-47 for Romero.

There is no MW champ for me. Romero vs Whittaker 3 needs to happen.

nope. anyone that beats or is even competitive with yoel is easily one of the best of all time. whittaker is an absolute stud of a fighter.

Crazily haven't watched either of those fights, I've only heard that they were close

Back