Why does the UFC hate Rory?

Was Lawler beating Ellenberger and Brown enough to warrant him getting another shot?

Two dominant wins, one halting a 7 fight win streak in the division, after giving the current champ the fight of his life in a very closely contested fight? Yeah.

Defeating Maia, Woodley and Saffiediene = title shot worthy?

I don't know. Depends on who you ask.

Do I want to see him fight for the belt against someone he lost to? Why not? I like redemption fights. I'd root for Rory against Lawler.

Close split decision. It's the fight most fans want to see as well. The one they were going with, another Hendricks shot, was the least liked fight.

Close split decision. It's the fight most fans want to see as well. The one they were going with, another Hendricks shot, was the least liked fight.

Yeah, not going to argue against that. I agree it was a close fight.

I don't get the Benson hate at all. Yes, he has become a point fighter, but he is active throughout the bout, rarely stalling. I dislike lay and praying as much as the next just bleeder, but I can't see how Bendo is boring.

The guy's boring as hell to me ��
Just does enough to win.

Did you two dorks read that on Sherdog? I know you're not watching the fights.

The fact he is Canadian, trains at tri-star, is associated with GSP, and he had a poor fight with Jake, Rory has earned some reputation from Sherdoggers that he's some boring stalling fighter from posters who don't watch or understand what's happening.

Rory finished every single one of his opponents until Carlos beat him and he adapted. He became a striker, and is now one of the best at WW. He stalked Tarec and KO'd him. He forced that. He bullied Woodley and had a answer for every single one of his techniques. The only thing working for Tyron was the leg kick and half the time it was being answered with a straight punch. Rory out classed him. He got fight of the night vs. Maia, was mounted by arguably the best WW grappler, and nothing happened. He survived unhurt and rolled his way to a win with a performance bonus. His trademark strike is a head kick.

I'm not going through the rest of this guy's career for people who are not paying attention. I don't know what you were watching but Penn, Tyrone, Maia Tarec, Jake, ect. looked like prey who didn't want to be eaten to me. Rory chased them around a cage like hunter.

Rory gets put on the back burner by UFC doesn't bother me as much as these idiots.

Last edited:
Why do they keep taking title shots away from him? Seriously its kind of suspect. Im no GSP/Tristar fan but damn. The dude cant win with the UFC brass. He may not be "exciting" but there is lots of fighters who arent (Benson), he controls the pace and shuts ppl down. He has more than earned a shot but the UFC is denying him over and over again. Whats the problem?

Over and over again?

Over and over again?

I think there were talks about him getting a title shot after Woodley.

I cant remember when exactly, but I remember people talking about Rory getting passed up before. But it was more expected for Rory to be passed on.

I think there were talks about him getting a title shot after Woodley.

I cant remember when exactly, but I remember people talking about Rory getting passed up before. But it was more expected for Rory to be passed on.

I don't remember that. Not saying you're wrong, I just don't remember it.

Not like a two-fight win streak should warrant any complaints that you're being "passed on" for a title shot anyway, though.

They are doing GSP a solid. They want GSP to return and if Rory is champ that might be hard to get GSP.

I don't remember that. Not saying you're wrong, I just don't remember it.

Not like a two-fight win streak should warrant any complaints that you're being "passed on" for a title shot anyway, though.

Clearly one of the bigger Rory fans here, but I become pessimistic over my favourite teams and fighters.. I'm always expecting Rory to get passed on- this doesn't surprise me at all.

Although hearing about Kelvin maybe jumping the line was the first time I think I let out a WTF groan on this topic.

meh...Rory is one of two guys in the WW division that I root for (the other is Condit) to be champ. I don't find his fights boring and kinda like the deranged psychopath thing he has going on.

I honestly believe they don't want to give him a title shot in hopes that GSP returns.

Last edited:
because when he talks he has the personality of a gnat...........he's a great fighter but not very marketable

Because he ran out of the ring crying like a little girl after Robbie smashed his face in?

Dana didn't want GSP to retire. He wants GSP to come back. If Rory is champion, GSP won't come back. (Rory has already said he won't fight GSP.) GSP is too nice to try and f up Rory's championship. (If he gets it.)

did you two dorks read that on sherdog? I know you're not watching the fights.

The fact he is canadian, trains at tri-star, is associated with gsp, and he had a poor fight with jake, rory has earned some reputation from sherdoggers that he's some boring stalling fighter from posters who don't watch or understand what's happening.

Rory finished every single one of his opponents until carlos beat him and he adapted. He became a striker, and is now one of the best at ww. He stalked tarec and ko'd him. He forced that. He bullied woodley and had a answer for every single one of his techniques. The only thing working for tyron was the leg kick and half the time it was being answered with a straight punch. Rory out classed him. He got fight of the night vs. Maia, was mounted by arguably the best ww grappler, and nothing happened. He survived unhurt and rolled his way to a win with a performance bonus. His trademark strike is a head kick.

I'm not going through the rest of this guy's career for people who are not paying attention. I don't know what you were watching but penn, tyrone, maia tarec, jake, ect. Looked like prey who didn't want to be eaten to me. Rory chased them around a cage like hunter.

Rory gets put on the back burner by ufc doesn't bother me as much as these idiots.

qft

Why do they keep taking title shots away from him? Seriously its kind of suspect. Im no GSP/Tristar fan but damn. The dude cant win with the UFC brass. He may not be "exciting" but there is lots of fighters who arent (Benson), he controls the pace and shuts ppl down. He has more than earned a shot but the UFC is denying him over and over again. Whats the problem?

He became boring as fck. That is why. He has neither the fighting style nor the personality to sell fights.

Clearly one of the bigger Rory fans here, but I become pessimistic over my favourite teams and fighters.. I'm always expecting Rory to get passed on- this doesn't surprise me at all.

Although hearing about Kelvin maybe jumping the line was the first time I think I let out a WTF groan on this topic.

Kelvin is on a hell of a streak and is far more marketable so ...

He became boring as fck. That is why. He has neither the fighting style nor the personality to sell fights.

You do realize the card he Main Evented had HORRIBLE ratings ... until Rory fought. I think his fight was 2-3x the ratings of the rest of the card.

Kelvin is on a hell of a streak and is far more marketable so ...

Streak vs .... whom?

After Saf fight.
“It’s pretty impossible to deny Rory that, whoever comes out of the Hendricks-Lawler fight, he’s the next guy in line,” White said.

http://www.ufc.com/news/macdonald-next-in-line-at-170

There was talk about Rory/Woodley winner getting a TS .. I don't remember if Dana said it was for sure or it was a maybe thing.

Back