Why does the UFC hate Ed Herman?

Just regular employee like anyone in the workforce. He doesn't really so anything that stands out or goes above and beyond. It's easy to past up when you don't impression. Winning is one thing, but you have to do something towards that win.

I like Ed, but man is he SLOW

makes guys like Glover, Pendred and Elias look like prime Vitor

respect the hell out of him and his tenure

Funny thing is Herman beat Glover back in the day in 2005.

TKO’d Tim Boesch, 48 second KO over tuf alum Tim credeur, just TKO’d Cummins.

Not too shabby for a journeyman and mostly either wins big or loses big.

That Glover win, considering when it occurred, is probably the best win of Herman’s career.

However I did enjoy Brunson knocking him out in 36 seconds. I’m a sucker for a quick knockout.

Noobs

I just went through UFC 3 roster (mw/lhw) they have guys like

Daniel Kelly
Sam Alvey
Cezar Ferreira
Jan Blachowicz
CB Dollaway

Gian Villante and the guy Herman just destroyed yeah that's righ Patrick Cummings. Also It can be Argued he beat Villante as well, i believe he did.

With guys like that in the game surely they could have put a Veteran like Ed in there.
Fucking Dana, Buffer, and Rogan are even in the games

Just regular employee like anyone in the workforce. He doesn't really so anything that stands out or goes above and beyond. It's easy to past up when you don't impression. Winning is one thing, but you have to do something towards that win.

Yet Dan dad bod Kelly is in the game.

<{cruzshake}>

He just wiped out a former title challenger so I think he's where he needs to be. And yeah, he moves slow as fuck. Remember when he was a middleweight grappler? Now he's a 205 slugger.

Herman is the definition of a journeyman. They don't hate him, it's indifference.

Nah, Herman beat journeymen, usually finish them.
Its not like you have either top contenders or journeymen in this game

No bonus last night and he's not even in the UFC games what the fuck. He's been with the UFC for something like thirteen years!

Why does the UFC hate The Ginja Ninja?

<StillMyBoy>

I am a big fan an d hope he can get a few more "W's" before he retires..

Because he isn’t a good fighter, he isn’t good on the mic, he doesn’t have a geographic niche (he’s not from Sweden or South Korea), and he isn’t interesting.

Yet Dan dad bod Kelly is in the game.

<{cruzshake}>

Dan Kelly is a 4 time Olympian and a national treasure in Australia. He was on the cover of the Aus version of EA UFC1 limited that was exclusive to pre purchase orders.

If you go back and watch the season of TUF with Ed Herman, you'll notice the coaches don't have a fucking clue who he is. We see Ed do a 1 on 1 interview and even he is offended by them over looking him. That was when he was a big name in the sport, people still didn't care.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

He's been around forever but he never seems to do anything noteworthy in his fights that make you remember him. He's just so easy to forget. Dana and the UFC probably don't even know he's still part of the roster at this point.
That one fight he won via heel hook is amazing. Ive rewatched it at least 5 times (still cant remember the opponent lol).

Anyone who likes grappling should check it out.

Not even in he game? That's rough.

I've never played it but I just assumed everyone who was in the UFC at the time it was released would be included.

"My dad's a UFC fighter"
"Oh yeah? Why isn't he in the game then"
<DCrying>

That KO of Cummins was hilarious! One of the best wobbles I've seen recently. Mir-level, even.

Because he isn’t a good fighter, he isn’t good on the mic, he doesn’t have a geographic niche (he’s not from Sweden or South Korea), and he isn’t interesting.
Did he bang your mom and not call her back?

Dan Kelly is a 4 time Olympian and a national treasure in Australia. He was on the cover of the Aus version of EA UFC1 limited that was exclusive to pre purchase orders.

If you go back and watch the season of TUF with Ed Herman, you'll notice the coaches don't have a fucking clue who he is. We see Ed do a 1 on 1 interview and even he is offended by them over looking him. That was when he was a big name in the sport, people still didn't care.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

He trained at Team Quest for years even before TUF people definitely knew who he was. Plus his fight in the finale vs Kendall was epic! they even gave him a contract because of it. The one time the UFC showed him any love.

Dan Kelly is a disgrace to the octagon and the King of the cans!

Dan Kelly is a disgrace to the octagon and the King of the cans!

Dan Kelly has a win of a UFC HOF inductee. Let that sink in for a moment you bitter little brat. A good 10 people have told you exactly why Ed isn't in the game. He is irrelevant. Nobody gives a fuck about him apart from you.

No bonus last night and he's not even in the UFC games what the fuck. He's been with the UFC for something like thirteen years!

Why does the UFC hate The Ginja Ninja?

<StillMyBoy>

I am a big fan an d hope he can get a few more "W's" before he retires..

Just want to stop in and say hello and that I agree. In the betting sub forum I recommended Ed as a great dog play at +210 and even said his KO line at +600 had great value.

See, I post about all sorts of stuff that has nothing to do with Tony.;)

Dan Kelly has a win of a UFC HOF inductee. Let that sink in for a moment you bitter little brat. A good 10 people have told you exactly why Ed isn't in the game. He is irrelevant. Nobody gives a fuck about him apart from you.

I don't think i have ever seen anyone start a thread about Dan The Can Kelly! i wonder why?

give it a shot i'd love to jump on that failboat.

<36>

and lol at using Rashad as reference the dude was great in his prime but went out on a 5 fight losing skid.

Not the best example. hehe

Nah, Herman beat journeymen, usually finish them.
Its not like you have either top contenders or journeymen in this game

It’s semantics I guess. One man’s journeyman is another man’s respected veteran.

The term journeyman originated in team sports and referred to a veteran who has bounced around among a bunch of different teams. Good enough to stick in the league, not good enough to be needed by one team indefinitely.

I’d probably think about it this way:

1. Champions (St Pierre, Silva, Johnson, Jones, Holloway, Aldo etc.) When you think of them you think of a champion.

2. Perennial Contenders (Edgar, Mendes, Dos Santos, Romero, Rockhold, Rashad, Ferguson, etc.) Always been very good. Easily could have had a title, or maybe did have a title. Only lose to very, very good opponents.

3. Perennially Ranked (Cerrone, Matt Brown, Masvidal, Bisping, Koscheck, Fitch, Florian, Condit, Diaz Brothers, Maia, etc.) Spent the vast majority of their careers as ranked, main card fighters. Looked like a contender at some point. Might have gotten a title shot (or even grabbed a belt for a second). But never really seemed like a champion. Have some losses to guys outside the elite.

4. Respected Veterans (Jim Miller, Diego Sanchez, Guida, Stephens, Leben, Kampman, etc.) Long tenured guys who have had some good moments. You never see him on a card and say, “he’s still in the UFC?” Probably never got a title shot (I know Diego did. Plenty of losses but also plenty of wins. Could show up on a main card or an undercard.

5. Journeymen (Paul Taylor, Paul Kelly, Bryan Barbarena, James Krause, Aubin-Mercier, Lando Vannata, John Makdessi, etc.) Guys you’ve heard of but wouldn’t have blinked if their contract wasn’t renewed at any given moment.

6. Random Guys. They’ve fought in the UFC. Their name would be familiar to you, maybe. But they’ve never been anywhere near the rankings or anyone’s radar.

I think Ed Herman is category 5.

I don't think i have ever seen anyone start a thread about Dan The Can Kelly! i wonder why?

give it a shot i'd love to jump on that failboat.

<36>

and lol at using Rashad as reference the dude was great in his prime but went out on a 5 fight losing skid.

Not the best example. hehe

I dont make threads about random cunts, that's your thing. Dan Kelly is a G unit and I'd rate him higher than Herman on the ATG list.

My only stand out memory of Ed is him with try hard ginger corn rows and him being on TUF and the coaches not knowing who the fuck he was. Dan Kelly leaves an impression, his silky footwork and boxing skill is complimented by his 4 time Olympic Judo pedigree. He rag dolled opponents left, right and centre on TUF and went on to convincingly beat a Hall of Famer champion, thus becoming one himself.

Who did Ed beat again?

And how many times did he represent his country and its people at the Olympic games?

I remember Herman going over to fight Jacare in Strikeforce on short notice right after the UFC bought them out. I knew he was going to lose but I respect the fact he took a fight that dangerous in smaller org like that.

Back