Why does the UFC feel it's their job to "make MMA global" ?

Coffee79

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've read interviews with Dana and zuffa's maketing people and they are obsessed with brining MMA to the world. But if they focus just on their company and putting out a better product, won't the world come to them ?

I know the UFC wants to viewed as synonymous with MMA, but they are ultimately one of dozens of MMA organizations. I appreciate the UFC's desire to expand MMA's popularity, but they are not obligated to do that.

They have to keep pushing while they can, if your not moving forwards it's bad for business. Remember the dark ages? Don't want that to happen again....

I've read interviews with Dana and zuffa's maketing people and they are obsessed with brining MMA to the world. But if they focus just on their company and putting out a better product, won't the world come to them ?

I know the UFC wants to viewed as synonymous with MMA, but they are ultimately one of dozens of MMA organizations. I appreciate the UFC's desire to expand MMA's popularity, but they are not obligated to do that.

HjQAo.gif

Ain't nobody got time to sit around waiting for the world to come to them.

They feel it is their job to make MMA global if they can personally capture the revenue from those expanded markets. Otherwise, no. They'd probably gladly impede global expansion of MMA if it were Bellator capturing the gains.

OP Translation

"I've clearly run out of things to criticize the UFC about, but I HAVE to start a new thread because I'm starved for attention"

The UFC is a business, duh

Because if they don't do it someone else will. They want all the notoriety and money.

won't the world come to them ?

the whole world can't fit into the mgm grand - they can have several events going on at the same time around the world

they don't care about making mma a global sport, they want to make the ufc a global brand, for obviou$ reasons

Something about making more money. I don`t know. It`s all very complicated.

Wild guess : because IT IS their job, to sell UFC products to the world?

USA 350 million people

Earth 7 billion people

More people means more money

Because they are wise enough to that if they don't do it some entity will. If another entity does it, it will likely become the premiere organization. As we've seen over the years that if you're not the premiere org, you're not thriving, you're merely surviving or worse.

There is room for only one rooster on the farm.

Last edited:
Because they like money

This. Also, UFC is synonymous with mma. A casual won't be able to name any orgs outside of UFC, and will typically refer to any mma fight as "UFC".

Back