Why does the President demonstrably lie so much, and why do we tolerate it?

OverCoronavirus Pressure

Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit.
Banned
Reaction score
With the recent claim that buying groceries requires ID, to making Mexico pay for a wall, to political promises, why do we tolerate such blatant lying from this, and only this POTUS?
And why on Earth does he do it?
There seem only two best answers:
1. He's really that ill-informed
Or
2. He's doing it intentionally to redefine the truth to suit whatever the moment requires in order to foster confusion.

"The President has a great deal of difficulty with the truth. On many issues." ~Bob Corker

Discuss...

My guess is because he's still considerably better than Hillary or Bernie.

On the bright side, lots of conservative pundits and politicians have been calling Trump out in very public ways. It is gives me a shred of hope that there are still people who are not so partisan that they completely shed their principles.

My guess is because he's still considerably better than Hillary or Bernie.

Better then Hillary for sure.

Bernie was not as bad before he sold out on some issues like gun control.

Bernie has some decent intentions, hell even Cortez has good intentions, it's just I'm not sure they realize that in order to implement these intentions the average American would need to pay a lot more tax. Nobody wants to hear the phrase "tax increase" these days no matter what the reason.

but he did not lie .... you know b/c you need ID to buy beer and wine. smh

Its compulsive behaviour, he's likely a stew of inadequacy, and overcompensates by non stop bullshit, why everyone puts up with it is a mystery

"We" tolerate it in part because people have been convinced that it's basically normal, and in part because "we" don't trust any source as much as we trust a politician that we perceive to be in our tribe (this is why the "liberal media" CT is so pernicious). It's also partly a game, I think. I suspect that almost all of Trump's supporters know that he's a liar on some level.

He does it because he feels that it benefits him, and his thinking doesn't go any deeper than that. His ignorance is part of why he's so bad at it.

You know, this isn't about Hillary.
This is about the President.
And it can easily be shown that the title premise is solidly founded.

"We" tolerate it in part because people have been convinced that it's basically normal, and in part because "we" don't trust any source as much as we trust a politician that we perceive to be in our tribe (this is why the "liberal media" CT is so pernicious). It's also partly a game, I think. I suspect that almost all of Trump's supporters know that he's a liar on some level.

He does it because he feels that it benefits him, and his thinking doesn't go any deeper than that. His ignorance is part of why he's so bad at it.
Do you mean to say he's both, stupid and a liar?
I'm gonna faint

Bernie has some decent intentions, hell even Cortez has good intentions, it's just I'm not sure they realize that in order to implement these intentions the average American would need to pay a lot more tax. Nobody wants to hear the phrase "tax increase" these days no matter what the reason.

I didn't mind some of the things he wanted but when he embraced the gun control he lost me on other things also.

Please name a president in our lifetime who wasn't a liar

He has done it his entire adult life. He’s not changing in his 70s.

You know, this isn't about Hillary.
This is about the President.
And it can easily be shown that the title premise is solidly founded.

You asked why we tolerate It and got an answer, not one you liked.

I'm not happy with how he does some things but I would be a lot less happy with the direction Hillary and the controling democrats wanted to go in.

Bernie with his 32trillion dollar medicare plan, and no way to pay for it​
<AckbarTrap>

He has done it his entire adult life. He’s not changing in his 70s.
No, but did anyone expect him to lie so often and so vividly?
Why is the country seemingly so passive about it?

Have you ever seen anything remotely close? The bizarre claims?

Back