Why does the official scorecard for Reyes/Bones have the first few scores printed and ruled draw?

?

• Total voters

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score

EQUPF7kXsAEqEzc

some SHADY shit gwan on here..........

The scores add up to a Jones win, as happened, but the bottom result in the cards says Majority Decision.

The q is: How come the first two rounds are printed in the scoresheets?

This is very weird and more than sketchy.

The scores add up to a Jones win, as happened, but the bottom result in the cards says Majority Decision.

Here's my view on that: (there's 2 threads on this...)

1. The 3 judges do have their own scorecards and hand-write them
2. At the end of each round ONE PERSON enters the results of each round into the computer. It's a bit like a spreadsheet. That card is printed at the end of EACH round. That card is obviously the printed card at the end of Rd.2 (1st 2 rounds are PRINTED by a computer, after one person enters the results onto the spreadsheet)
3. The last 3 rounds were hand-written by ONE PERSON (you can easily see this by the style of the writing, and that each number is always slightly below the horizontal line etc )
4. The reason it says "MAJORITY DRAW" will be because the computer tallies the scores that are CURRENTLY ENTERED and the spreadsheet (it probably IS an Excel spreadsheet and i'm very very familiar with it from decades of use) has a formula in the "Winner" which adds up the *current* cumulative scores, and as only two rounds were entered, the cumulative scores were 19-each, 19-each, 20-18 Reyes. This means a Majority draw SO FAR. It shouldn't be showing a result until ALL rounds are completed, but that's probably just a lazy spreadsheet programmer, it'd be easy to have the result show blank until all scores are entered.

Now what I think happened (being very cynical, and YES I think this is shady as fuck) is this :
- Whoever writes in the scores got TOLD to no longer print the cards, but to hand-write them and, as such, it is very easy for this person (whoever that is) to simply change the scores, and make one person the winner. I think that the UFC clearly wants Jones to continue as the Champ and so they wanted complete control over the final scorecard summary and so an instruction was passed to hand-write in the results from the end of Rd.2 as it was at that point looking like a probably Reyes victory.

2. At the end of each round ONE PERSON enters the results of each round into the computer. It's a bit like a spreadsheet. That card is printed at the end of EACH round. That card is obviously the printed card at the end of Rd.2 (1st 2 rounds are PRINTED by a computer, after one person enters the results onto the spreadsheet)
3. The last 3 rounds were hand-written by ONE PERSON (you can easily see this by the style of the writing, and that each number is always slightly below the horizontal line etc )
4. The reason it says "MAJORITY DRAW" will be because the computer tallies the scores that are CURRENTLY ENTERED and the spreadsheet (it probably IS an Excel spreadsheet and i'm very very familiar with it from decades of use) has a formula in the "Winner" which adds up the *current* cumulative scores, and as only two rounds were entered, the cumulative scores were 19-each, 19-each, 20-18 Reyes. This means a Majority draw SO FAR. It shouldn't be showing a result until ALL rounds are completed, but that's probably just a lazy spreadsheet programmer, it'd be easy to have the result show blank until all scores are entered.

Now what I think happened (being very cynical, and YES I think this is shady as fuck) is this :
- Whoever writes in the scores got TOLD to no longer print the cards, but to hand-write them and, as such, it is very easy for this person (whoever that is) to simply change the scores, and make one person the winner. I think that the UFC clearly wants Jones to continue as the Champ and so they wanted complete control over the final scorecard summary and so an instruction was passed to hand-write in the results from the end of Rd.2 as it was at that point looking like a probably Reyes victory.[/QUOTE

That makes a lot of sense, and though the last part is speculative, it does beg the question.

Really good post. Very reasonable. The conspiracy bit is tendentious, but at this point I'm not surprised at anything.

Last edited:
Nice explanation. But seriously why are they even using a computer at all, there is only 60 seconds in-between rounds, and this basic 1st grade math (9s,10s, pure addition.) Using a program and printing seems like a waste of time.

Shady as all hell. And it doesn't help that all the other scorecards of the night are printed in full, only the main event has hand written portions.

Shady as all hell. And it doesn't help that all the other scorecards of the night are printed in full, only the main event has hand written portions.
I think this was because the guy who takes the judges individual scorecards and enters them into the computer got an instruction (or was pre-told) that IF IT IS VERY CLOSE FIGHT (or, Reyes was winning rounds) to stop using computer and start hand-writing.

I DO think there is corruption in this case, by at least one of the judges, and possibly whoever the man/woman who WROTE the final 3 rounds here (And it is one person). I hate this kind of crap, controversial decisions, and the UFC-favored fighter getting the nod in a very very very sketchy way.

- Whoever writes in the scores got TOLD to no longer print the cards, but to hand-write them and, as such, it is very easy for this person (whoever that is) to simply change the scores, and make one person the winner. I think that the UFC clearly wants Jones to continue as the Champ and so they wanted complete control over the final scorecard summary and so an instruction was passed to hand-write in the results from the end of Rd.2 as it was at that point looking like a probably Reyes victory.

Good post and 1-4 make complete sense BUT after R2 Reyes was only in front on one card hence the majority draw so I'm not sure your last point makes much sense.

Good post and 1-4 make complete sense BUT after R2 Reyes was only in front on one card hence the majority draw so I'm not sure your last point makes much sense.
Well that's my point (if you mean point #4), on TWO judges cards, at then end of ROund 2, then cumulative totals were (as per the printed sections) 19-19, 19-19, 18-20. So *IF* we called the fight after 2 rounds then 2 judges had it a draw, one judge had Reyes winning, so that would be called a "majority draw".

If by "last point"you mean my final paragraph (sorry i think you meant that..) then I don't think UFC wanted 4 or 5 printed cards (one printed at end of each round) lying around, so they told whoever-writes-the-scores to just hand-write it from then on.

Nice explanation. But seriously why are they even using a computer at all, there is only 60 seconds in-between rounds, and this basic 1st grade math (9s,10s, pure addition.) Using a program and printing seems like a waste of time.

Do you really trust the judges to add numbers?

Also why does it say draw and it’s typed??
It won't be typed : there will be a formula that gives the result, dependent on the cumulative totals, and it'll be programmed to show "majority draw" if TWO of the cumulative scores are even (which they were, ACCORDING to the entered scores, which I don't agree with anyway).

It's just lazy programming that the person didn't write an "=IF(completed-rounds<5,"",give-result) statement within the formula. This is easy to do to have a simple formula to say "Is fight complete? If no, then result = BLANK, show-result).

The rest of the card has only printed scores, for every other fight.

It is as if, some big shot with big stakes, made a call after seeing Jones drop the first 2... and called in the fix.

I mean, the handwriting looks the same across the board. The 10s look the same, especially how the 0 doesn't fully connect to form a circle. Looks like someone did indeed put effort to make it look different though.

Just my 2 cents

Well that's my point (if you mean point #4), on TWO judges cards, at then end of ROund 2, then cumulative totals were (as per the printed sections) 19-19, 19-19, 18-20. So *IF* we called the fight after 2 rounds then 2 judges had it a draw, one judge had Reyes winning, so that would be called a "majority draw".

If by "last point"you mean my final paragraph (sorry i think you meant that..) then I don't think UFC wanted 4 or 5 printed cards (one printed at end of each round) lying around, so they told whoever-writes-the-scores to just hand-write it from then on.

Yes I did mean the final paragraph.
Reyes hadn't gone more than 3 rounds, Jones doesn't fade so when it looked like 19-19, 19-19, 20-18 I'm not sure anyone in the UFC would be particularly concerned (if they were going to fix it).
Now if it was printed after R3...... it still would have been Jones up on one card and down in 2 so again you'd expect Reyes to tire and Jones to come on.

I'd hope that the Texas Commission wouldn't be particularly influenced by the UFC and there are far too many press people there who know who all the UFC employees are. If one of them was talking to Commission members/the one collating the scores I'm sure it'd be spotted.

What hurts the UFC more, Jones losing to Reyes or them getting caught fixing fights?
Jones losing isn't the end of the world but getting caught fixing fights is the end of the UFC.

If one of them was talking to Commission members/the one collating the scores I'm sure it'd be spotted.
Couid have been a text message, or a Whatsapp message. OR simply pre-arranged before the fight with a "If the fight is at all close, then you DO KNOW that Jones wins, yes? Do we understand that?".
There's just so many shady things happening between UFC and commissions, and between UFC and USADA, between UFC and referees (the Herb Dean thing) and it's all engineered to keep profitable "big PPV numbers" champions on their throne.

Far far too many coincidences for this to all be random. Jon Jones / Conor McGregor / maybe others are people who the UFC do everything they can to engineer a victory for the cash-generating fighters.

Couid have been a text message, or a Whatsapp message. OR simply pre-arranged before the fight with a "If the fight is at all close, then you DO KNOW that Jones wins, yes? Do we understand that?".
There's just so many shady things happening between UFC and commissions, and between UFC and USADA, between UFC and referees (the Herb Dean thing) and it's all engineered to keep profitable "big PPV numbers" champions on their throne.

Far far too many coincidences for this to all be random. Jon Jones / Conor McGregor / maybe others are people who the UFC do everything they can to engineer a victory for the cash-generating fighters.

Reyes and his team should absolutely appeal this. It's just fucking ridiculous the more I think about it

The media better do their damn job and ask the questions. There's no way they can just bury this and move on

corruption of judging in usa is already bigger than it was in japan, this are the judges that score 118 - 110 canelo and 49 - 46 jones

It is as if, some big shot with big stakes, made a call after seeing Jones drop the first 2... and called in the fix.

The problem with that is that Jones won round 2 on two of the three printed scores so he was only two rounds down on one card and level on the other two.
Anyone who thinks Jones won gave him R2.

I get it but still can't see it.

Assuming Adesanya doesn't move up to LHW to fight Jones next and Jones doesn't move up to HW to fight Stipe then what would be the biggest possible fight for Jones? An immediate rematch with Reyes after a Jones win or an immediate rematch with Reyes where Reyes is the champion? I'd say that Jones losing and trying to regain the title is a much bigger fight (see Conor vs Nate 2 for example).

The gains from keeping Jones as champ via a fix are insignificant to what they'd lose if they were caught. Reyes would sue them. All the bookies who paid out would sue them. All their sponsors drop them. Dana gets fired. Commissions won't regulate them and probably all issue them with massive fines. The FBI probably get involved investigating and arresting them......... Jones winning just isn't worth it.

Reyes was a massive underdog going into the fight so it's not like anyone thought it was going to be a close fight or Reyes win. If plans for a fix were in place you'd have to think there was a decent chance Jones was going to lose or that they do it for every fight?

I think theories to explain what happened ignore the sheer incompetence of Commissions and Judges and that a professional sport is governed and regulated by complete amateurs who have no clue. Real sports have national and international governing bodies and rules/regulations, that's where MMA gets is so wrong. Even with boxing if you fight for a WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO title you fight under their rules. It doesn't change from state to state or country to country. Ok you still get the same piss poor judges but the rules are always the same.

Back