why does the left call trump a fascist?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt it the left that is trying to force people to use "gender pronouns"?

Also, when I was in college a few back, I had a professor tell me that I was using "male dominant pronouns" in my paper and took many points away for it.

Also, i remember not too long ago that two professors ended up stepping down because they defended students right to dress up how they want for halloween.

isn't that fascism?

Because they have no fucking clue what a fascist is

He's not a fascist, but he's running on the right and has a lot of authoritarian tendencies, so...

His left wing equivalent would get called a commie. Hell, you already had retards calling Obama that.

Because they heard that word and it makes him sound scary

The same reason they call him a homophobe and a bigot when he has never been either of those things

He's not a fascist, but he's running on the right and has a lot of authoritarian tendencies, so...

His left wing equivalent would get called a commie. Hell, you already had retards calling Obama that.

yeah i hated when they called obama a commie as well. people jump on any word that sounds good to them like pwent said without logical discrepancy

He's not a woman or a minority.

I am on the left, and I do not think that Trump is a fascist. He has nationalist tendencies and uses xenophobic, populist rhetoric, but he's not a fascist.

Because fascism is an outgrowth of nationalist politics, and because every nation has had a very particular course of development, fascism is always different everywhere it pops up. Obviously Italy's fascism placed extra emphasis on corporatist economic organization, whereas the Nazis were less concerned with corporatism at a certain point and focused on building a racial state. However, there are qualitative characteristics which historiographers generally agree that fascists movements possess/possessed:

1) Ultra-nationalism/militarism (including militant wings of the party)
2) Rhetoric that invokes a past glory (in 20th century Europe, this meant past empires) and seeks to restore it
3) View that the state should step in and end class struggle (though this usually just means smashing unions, it's no stretch to say that fascists also disregard bourgeois/capital interests once in power)
4) Belief that modern society (industrialized society) is plagued by decay/degeneracy, often worsened by tension between the worker/owner classes
5) Anti-communism/leftism, despite co-opting of leftist rhetoric/policies

So Trump's kind of a nationalist. I'm not sure about the rest, though.

Fascism has a specific meaning, and it just isn't useful to toss it around without rigorously defining what you mean when you say "fascist". It's a pet peeve of mine to see people, left or right, misuse it.

edit: As for the gender pronouns, no, that is not fascism. When you call that fascism, you're doing exactly what lefties do when they call Trump (and Trump supporters) fascists. It's just lazy.

Last edited:
I am on the left, and I do not think that Trump is a fascist. He has nationalist tendencies and uses xenophobic, populist rhetoric, but he's not a fascist.

Because fascism is an outgrowth of nationalist politics, and because every nation has had a very particular course of development, fascism is always different everywhere it pops up. Obviously Italy's fascism placed extra emphasis on corporatist economic organization, whereas the Nazis were less concerned with corporatism at a certain point and focused on building a racial state. However, there are qualitative characteristics which historiographers generally agree that fascists movements possess/possessed:

1) Ultra-nationalism/militarism (including militant wings of the party)
2) Rhetoric that invokes a past glory (in 20th century Europe, this meant past empires) and seeks to restore it
3) View that the state should step in and end class struggle (though this usually just means smashing unions, it's no stretch to say that fascists also disregard bourgeois/capital interests once in power)
4) Belief that modern society (industrialized society) is plagued by decay/degeneracy, often worsened by tension between the worker/owner classes
5) Anti-communism/leftism, despite co-opting of leftist rhetoric/policies

So Trump's kind of a nationalist. I'm not sure about the rest, though.

Fascism has a specific meaning, and it just isn't useful to toss it around without rigorously defining what you mean when you say "fascist". It's a pet peeve of mine to see people, left or right, misuse it.

I think every president has played to nationalist tendencies in a way. Though differently

leftists are exactly the same here in italy,there's no identity politics at least....

I have a strong inclination that the TS is full of shit about his professor. Didn't you make a thread saying something to the extent that you were about to enter university, but you're afraid it would tingle your latent emotions and turn you into a :eek::eek::eek:?

Then you posted some pics of Brasilians dressed funny after a year at Uni?

Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt it the left that is trying to force people to use "gender pronouns"?

Also, when I was in college a few back, I had a professor tell me that I was using "male dominant pronouns" in my paper and took many points away for it.

Also, i remember not too long ago that two professors ended up stepping down because they defended students right to dress up how they want for halloween.

isn't that fascism?

It's like when your wife is cheating on you and always accuses you of cheating because they are insecure about their own infidelity.

It's like when your wife is cheating on you and always accuses you of cheating because they are insecure about their own infidelity.

haha yep. or that guy who calls everyone an asshole but is the biggest dick in the room

He's a demagogue. Plain and simple. He'll say whatever you want to hear.

First thing a fascist government will try to do is disarm its population, usually by claiming a threat within the country is too dangerous to have them.

Back