WHy does T-City have problems with grammar?

Image1.png

He's from the hood. Think he grew up with a single parent. If u know anything about the hoods in the US, ud know that academics there are very lacking. Little funding. No parental guidance or enforcement of homework/attendance. Many drop out around 9-10 grade and are joining gangs and/or committing crimes, selling drugs, etc. Thankfully he focused that energy into BJJ and made a way out for himself.

The American education system is a joke
Public education is for parents who don't love their children, and just need a pace to drop them off for a few hours. Our private schools and universities are still renowned. #getthegovernmentoutofschools

The reality is is that many minority families don’t put an emphasis on written grammar and spelling.

Who cares about grammar in a tweet you fucking pussies

Start with knowing the difference between inn and in. Two, too, and to. Their, there, and they’re. And, at the very least, where to place a period.

I’m “worried” about the lack of education across the board, including fighters. Not sure why anyone would hold martial artists to lower standard. These are some of the most disciplined people in the world. Your other points I agree with, even if it is a bit of a caricature.
There are different kinds of intelligence, no?

From his twitter:

I get it he's genetically mexican but he was born and raised in the US. I mean, even 15yo school dropout McGregor has better English.

I know he's a fighter and all but from a Gracie product I expect more: even though he talks in a cringy way, Rener is very well-spoken and articulate.
Why then, is Ortega's written English so bad? No hate here, I actually like him as a fighter...love the slick nasty finishes

74.0.0.jpg

Gracie Jiu Jiitsu deteriorates your English proficiency.

The American education system is a joke
We have the second highest school funding per student in the world. Our system is fantastic. The problem is just our culture.

EG -- NE Asians do amazing in Asia in places like Korea and Japan where they have like half the school funding. Their cultures also do great in the American school system. It does so well that we have to racially discriminate against them to knock them down a notch.

It's not the system. We just tolerate being fat and lazy. If you're fat or lazy in NE Asia, people will treat you like you have leprosy. It's absolutely not respected or tolerated.

Last edited:
Check out Jessica Eye’s social media. Jose Aldo has better English than her.

He's from the hood. Think he grew up with a single parent. If u know anything about the hoods in the US, ud know that academics there are very lacking. Little funding. No parental guidance or enforcement of homework/attendance. Many drop out around 9-10 grade and are joining gangs and/or committing crimes, selling drugs, etc. Thankfully he focused that energy into BJJ and made a way out for himself.

If you watched the embedded when he was suppose to fight Max, both of his parents were in it and are still together.

If you watched the embedded when he was suppose to fight Max, both of his parents were in it and are still together.

Good call. I could've sworn he said they split.... Either way, if he's from the hood, school usually comes second.

Is this the new Mackenzie dern linguistic mystery? You really that bored today?

Back