Media Why does Sherdog Hate Izzy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
He’s a champion, fights often despite increased fame, no complaints about his pay or major controversies outside the cage, puts on good fights and has good performances more often than not (got FOTN/POTN in 7/11 UFC fights)

This was his 6th title fight in last 2 years and 12th UFC fight in 3 years. But despite his activity and performances Sherdog seems more obsessed with his personality and sexuality as if they wanna date him themselves.

Can someone explain?

Personality is always going to play a factor and it's part of what Izzy is going for with his antics anyway. He's going for controversy so you shouldn't be surprised when that's what he gets.

He’s a champion, fights often despite increased fame, no complaints about his pay or major controversies outside the cage, puts on good fights and has good performances more often than not (got FOTN/POTN in 7/11 UFC fights)

This was his 6th title fight in last 2 years and 12th UFC fight in 3 years. But despite his activity and performances Sherdog seems more obsessed with his personality and sexuality as if they wanna date him themselves.

Can someone explain?

Dude makes jokes about 9/11, has some of the cringiest interviews in UFC history, molests fighters, acts tough in the cage but fights cautiously

I don’t get it, he’s basically the guy they’ve been begging for as champ
  • Active
  • Fights all comers
  • Striker
  • Ko threat
  • Not afraid to move divisions
  • Not boring on the mic
  • Seem a decent bloke
  • Fights every style of fighter
    Adesanya should be a Sherdog darling but isn’t, very strange indeed.

I honestly don't get it either. I thought it was a decent performance, yes it did get kinda repetitive after round 3.

Still though Izzy did what he had to do against a bad stylistic matchup.
I think people just don't like his personality and they root for his opponent because they dislike him. I like his fight style and he's probably one of my favorite MW's right now.

I won't root for him in his next fight against Rob since I'm a big Bobby Knuckles fan, but I still like the guy and will root for him in most of his fights.

Hes kind of a douche.

He acted like a clown tonight, stupid antics, says cringey dumb things.

Its not hard to see why people dont like him honestly.

Good fighter for sure though.....
Champs defending in today’s day and age and consistently putting on good performances should be appreciated.

If you care more about a fighters antics and what they say on the mic, WWE is probably better suited for you.

Last edited:
I respect that he’s an active champion but I just don’t like his personality. I respect his skills but sometimes he’s in boring fights. I dislike him a little less now that Jan beat him.

I mean the reality is that everyone on earth has haters. And ppl tend to obsess on the negative. I see plenty of people on Sherdog that love Adesanya. But this thread is going to be filled with ppl saying racism and homophobia on one side and he’s creepy and plays with his dog’s genitals on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back