Why does Sherdog community hate Mark Hunt and other drug free fighters?

hunt voiced some concerns pre-fight. dana and his gang of goons knew markskis vs brawkskis was THE marquee fight for UFC 200 and nothing was gonna stop them from making this fight. hunt was doing dana and the ufc a favour, and bravely took the fight, believing that he could defeat brawk in spite of his drug cheating. however, the advantage from brawks vitamins was indeed too much to overcome, even for mark.

oh i see why everyone hated on mark. its so obvious now

Nobody hates Mark Hunt as a fighter. He just comes off like a dipshit in what he says frequently. It certainly has nothing to do with him not using steroids.

What the fuck are you talking about? You probably saw 3 negative posts towards Hunt and ignored the thousands that are positive.

mQJF9e.gif

I'm pretty sure hunt being drug free has nothing to do with it, and you have to be willingly ignoring reality to think so.
He's an idiotic jerk. Fact.

See this is what I'm talking about.

How come we don't see this type of hatred towards guys like Brock Lesnar who actually cheated? Why are cheaters respected in this community?

Because Brock wasn't running around talking about how he was going to knock Hunt's face off anyway. Hunt was talking crazy amounts of shit leading up to the fight about how he knew Brock was on roids, and how it didn't matter, and he'd send him back to fake fighting forever. Then he comes out on fight night and looks like absolute shit in the cage. Then he wanted part of Lesnar's purse, then all of it, then he was going to sue Brock and the UFC, and now he's trying to stipulate shit by adding shit to the existing fight contracts, and contacting fighters on the sly.

You can't say some shit like "I know he's on roids, but it doesn't matter because I'm going to knock his face off and send him back to fake fighting", look like shit on fight night, and then say "I want part of his purse. He tried to kill me!"

He was even talking shit about a possible conspiracy theory involving the commission about how there's no way Brock actually made weight lol

What the fuck are you talking about? You probably saw 3 negative posts towards Hunt and ignored the thousands that are positive.

mQJF9e.gif

You haven't been around these forums then, just look at every thread which is about Mark Hunt talking about Lesnar cheating.

It seems there's a lot of hate towards Mark Hunt on these forums, simply because hes taking a stance against fighters who are cheating with drugs. Personally, I think what he is doing is great. However, for whatever the reason the majority of the community here are against him and don't want to hear about him talking about cheaters in a negative light.

My theory is that most people on this forum at some point in time have supported a fighter who was caught cheating, so they try justify it by going after the fighters who are drug free.

Other fighters who have also criticised cheaters have also come under fire on these forums such as Bisping and Kennedy.

So why does Sherdog community hate drug free fighters?
They miss the Pride days? Or they don't like any "whining'...

Because Brock wasn't running around talking about how he was going to knock Hunt's face off anyway. Hunt was talking crazy amounts of shit leading up to the fight about how he knew Brock was on roids, and how it didn't matter, and he'd send him back to fake fighting forever. Then he comes out on fight night and looks like absolute shit in the cage. Then he wanted part of Lesnar's purse, then all of it, then he was going to sue Brock and the UFC, and now he's trying to stipulate shit by adding shit to the existing fight contracts, and contacting fighters on the sly.

You can't say some shit like "I know he's on roids, but it doesn't matter because I'm going to knock his face off and send him back to fake fighting", look like shit on fight night, and then say "I want part of his purse. He tried to kill me!"

He was even talking shit about a possible conspiracy theory involving the commission about how there's no way Brock actually made weight lol

You do realise the UFC screwed him over right? They keep putting him up against cheaters. His last 3 fights were all against people who tested positive.

I think its some brock fans upset at mark. And sherdog just likes to bitch bout all fighters.

he talks too much. it happens to every victim. If you keep running your mouth in an annoying way, no one will be on your side anymore

You do realise the UFC screwed him over right? They keep putting him up against cheaters. His last 3 fights were all against people who tested positive.

Where was his "I want part of his purse" thing when he was still winning, then?

Notice it wasn't an issue when he was beating Mir, and going to a draw with Bigfoot.

he talks too much. it happens to every victim. If you keep running your mouth in an annoying way, no one will be on your side anymore

Pretty much this. Had he not been so uncharacteristically outspoken leading up to the fight nobody would be against him right now. But he decided to go full Wanderlei, and that really turned alot of people off to him.

Because Brock wasn't running around talking about how he was going to knock Hunt's face off.
Lulz. No, because Bork was too busy sitting on his all natty high horse and throwing Jon Jones under the bus. Inhaler my ass. Hunt wants to get paid, like everyone else. It's just that he's been put in a unique and dubious situation of fighting 3 guys in a row who pissed hot, and the last guy they offered him pissed hot as well.

So yeah, if you wanna call his anger whining, than so be it. But you know what's worse than a whiner? A hypocrite.

Last edited:
Lulz. No, because Bork was too busy sitting on his all natty high horse and and throwing Jon Jones under the bus. Inhaler my ass.

As if they weren't both guilty? Come on, son. Also, if I remember right Brock never claimed the inhaler thing, that was some asshole claiming to have been part of the camp, which was later debunked.

It seems there's a lot of hate towards Mark Hunt on these forums, simply because hes taking a stance against fighters who are cheating with drugs. Personally, I think what he is doing is great. However, for whatever the reason the majority of the community here are against him and don't want to hear about him talking about cheaters in a negative light.

My theory is that most people on this forum at some point in time have supported a fighter who was caught cheating, so they try justify it by going after the fighters who are drug free.

Other fighters who have also criticised cheaters have also come under fire on these forums such as Bisping and Kennedy.

Because he went crazy on social networks, insulting fans who were polite to him and so on. Also, he was kinda backpedaling with saying stuff "I don't care if he's roided or not, I'll still KO him" and then complaining because Brock tested positive. I see his point and of course the guy's angry, but he fought in Pride where many were juiced to the gills and didn't complain there. Then he says dumb shit like who's gonna take care of his kids if he dies in the ring, which makes no sense at all because his fighting style alone will kill him way sooner than any roided guy will, he's taken more hard shots than anyone in the game probably.

And the whole "union" thing was really poorly organized and dealt with, probably the best intentions but the level of organization and thought put into it is a joke.

It's quite hard to fap to Mark Hunt unless you're Japanese.

He has some extremely cringe attacks towards fans on social media. I'm still a fan but the way he goes OFF on fans who seem genuinely concerned that his actions on social media are hurting his stock is bad.

I love drug free fighters like Jones. That guy snitched on people for weed.

Also Sage, you can tell he had a drug-free tradition imposed on him by a clean father.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back