Why does nobody give Poirier props for beating Holloway but they do McGregor?

Because Conor needs a title fight to stay relevant.

Poirier isn't rich, hell he doesn't even have his own brand of whiskey.

Now that's a good question

Wasn't max a 5th grader then?

Probably because McGregor is the number one topic of conversation on Sherdog. Poirier barely gets mentioned, but if he does it's in the context of losing to McGregor or rematching McGregor.

I give him props. But don't think he could beat Max now though. Same goes for Conor..

Last edited:
May have something to do with the fact that max had more UFC experience when they met and both were green in the top tier where as Poirer had already done a round or two and max was even greener than when he fought mcg.

Just a hunch.

Leonard Garcia arguably beat Max Holloway around that time too, where is the great Leonard Garcia's props?

Why was Joe Soto allowed to fight for title being unranked

But Paul Felder was denied Khabib shot for same reason

On Topic: Dustin and Max TKO Conor in rematch

Fuck props. He gets no props from me.

But ill give him credit.

What are you talking about TS, everyone loves P-Head and wants him to fight the winner of Tony/Khabib.

Win or lose he's NEVER been in a boring fight. Dude brings it EVERY DAMN TIME.

Can you elaborate? This is quite vague

People get delusional when it comes to Conor. Poirier never had this kind of aura.

He beat the same Max tho. I think both of them would struggle now. Still any matchup between those 3 could now go either way.

Wasn't Holloway like 19 or 20 with only 4 professional fights when he fought Poirier? And making his UFC debut on a couple weeks notice at that?

I think neither Poirier nor McGregor should get much credit for beating Max back then. The one we see now simply isn't the same fighter.

What are you talking about TS, everyone loves P-Head and wants him to fight the winner of Tony/Khabib.

Win or lose he's NEVER been in a boring fight. Dude brings it EVERY DAMN TIME.

Poiriers awesome i just dont see him being champ. I hope im wrong

Wasn't Holloway like 19 or 20 with only 4 professional fights when he fought Poirier? And making his UFC debut on a couple weeks notice at that?

I think neither Poirier nor McGregor should get much credit for beating Max back then. The one we see now simply isn't the same fighter.
Yes and he only fought McGregor a year later or some shit

On Topic: Dustin and Max TKO Conor in rematch

Nah. Neither of them are great grapplers aka Conor's kryptonite. Conor sleeps Poirier again but the Max fight is a lot more difficult to call and would have me all....

giphy.gif

Back