Why does Mir break limbs and Palhares not?

A kimura or an armbar don't break limbs the same way a heel hook does. Palhares injured both Drwal and Pierce with those heel hooks. Maybe even Fitch but I don't remember well.

I think Pierce was a sprain and Drwal was a tear. Fitch I think was just a mild sprain.

But the severity of the injury is irrelevant. The fact is that he holds on too long and it's a persistent habit.

How is this even a question? Not stops when the ref jumps in. Palhares continues to crank.

A heel hook won't snap a leg in half, but it will absolutely tear the shit out of your ACL, MCL, meniscus, etc.

has Pierce fought since?????????

No, but that has more to do with a really bad hand injury he's been dealing with for almost 2 years. Apparently the damage to his knee wasn't as bad as doctors initially thought.

The only reason I know this is I looked into it about 4 months ago when I realized I hadn't seen Pierce in a very long time. He was supposed to be coming back soon though....

Mir's got quite a few pounds on Palhares. Not sure if TS is srs.

They didnt tap

Because you're not going to break someone's leg in two with a heel hook. At least not in the way you're comparing Mir's subs when he's attacking the arm.

No. You'll just tear all the ligaments in their knee. But what's that?

A heel hook won't snap a leg in half, but it will absolutely tear the shit out of your ACL, MCL, meniscus, etc.

Thank you. I was late, but I came to say this. People who don't know what a heel hook feels like don't get it.

method=get&s=tim-sylvia-frank-mir-gif-06-19-2014-12-33-48-988.gif

methodgetsantonio-rodrigo-nogueira-frank-mir-gif.gif

Big Tim refused to tap even after the break and the whole thing was awkward. The crowd didn't recognize the break live in normal motion and booed very hard because Tim protested and kept on saying he was ready to continue. It wasn't until the slo-mo replay that most finally saw it. The whole thing took a big dump on Mir's biggest win.

Big Nog tapped just after the break.

Last edited:
Palhares does break limbs. Ligaments are part of limbs.

Armbars snap bones specifically. Which is what a few of Mir's breaks were.

Kimuras can tear shoulder cartilage, or break the arm, depending on what gives first. Nog's arm gave first.

Because palhares isn't cranking as hard as you babys think he is

It might have something to do with the 60lb weight difference

difference is neither silvia nor nog tapped in time. silvia didn't tap at all, and nog didn't tap until after the break.

as opposed to paul harris who doesn't care about any of that crazy stuff like taps, refs, tasers etc.

Yup:)

It's a good question, something I wondered about before but never thought to really ask.

Some people on this thread don't seem to actually understand the question though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we are not talking about why Mir broke their limbs, we're talking about how Palhares hasn't.

difference is neither silvia nor nog tapped in time. silvia didn't tap at all, and nog didn't tap until after the break.

as opposed to paul harris who doesn't care about any of that crazy stuff like taps, refs, tasers etc.

Can't stand Mir but neither Sylvia or Nog tapped. Paul Harris has clearly held on after his opponent has tapped.

Mir lets go when you tap. He broke Nog and Timmeh because they didn't tap.

/thread

How is this even a question? Not stops when the ref jumps in. Palhares continues to crank.

Big Tim refused to tap even after the break.

Big Nog tapped just after the break.

Guys if you don't know the answer to the question it's okay just to not write anything.

It's a good question, something I wondered about before but never thought to really ask.

Some people on this thread don't seem to actually understand the question though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we are not talking about why Mir broke their limbs, we're talking about how Palhares hasn't.

Guys if you don't know the answer to the question it's okay just to not write anything.

The other part of the question has been addressed. Palhares does damage with his own subs, esp. the ones he holds late. There's more to the long term damage from subs than broken bones, leg locks tear ligaments and tendons and he's put fighters on the shelf. Typically when you're already feeling pain from a leg lock there's damage done to a degree at that point.

Very simple.

Frank applies the submission more explosively but lets go when the ref steps in. Often the opponent does not have time to tap.

Frank is pushing his hips thru the arm in an armbar etc before the opponent has time to tap.

Palhares applies the submission more slowly but does not let go so easily.

Back