Why does Mir break limbs and Palhares not?

BrunswickMAF

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Palhares has become notorious for not letting go of submissions even after taps. Mir, just off the top of my head has actually broken fighters bones (Sylvia, Noguiera, and I feel like I'm forgetting one) is the only difference being 80lbs heavier?

difference is neither silvia nor nog tapped in time. silvia didn't tap at all, and nog didn't tap until after the break.

as opposed to paul harris who doesn't care about any of that crazy stuff like taps, refs, tasers etc.

a heel hook isn't gonna snap a guy's leg in half rofl

Nog refused to tap, would rather have his arm broken. Silvia was trying to get out of it, if I recall, and it just snapped.

Plus Mir must be strong as a motherfucker.

difference is neither silvia nor nog tapped in time. silvia didn't tap at all, and nog didn't tap until after the break.

as opposed to paul harris who doesn't care about any of that crazy stuff like taps, refs, tasers etc.

Exactly my point! why does Mir break limbs but Palhares, who is holding longer, not?

Exactly my point! why does Mir break limbs but Palhares, who is holding longer, not?

Because you're not going to break someone's leg in two with a heel hook. At least not in the way you're comparing Mir's subs when he's attacking the arm.

Last edited:
I think he broke Travern's arm as well.

You are correct sir, but if you ask Roberto he will say that he gave Mir the submission because he discredited his jiu jitsu. Until this day that is the dumbest thing I've heard in mma that didn't come out of Shayna Baszler's mouth.

Mir is more powerful and he sometimes doesn't have his subs quite right and he doesn't go for the legs as much. It seems when you don't get the sub quite right but have the power to crank it, it bends bones more, like Tim's arm and Brock's leg.

1. HW>WW
2. Won't snap shit with a heel hook/leg lock
3. Big Nog wasn't planning on tapping, thus a broken arm.

Can't stand Mir but neither Sylvia or Nog tapped. Paul Harris has clearly held on after his opponent has tapped.

yeah mir is just a giant beast of a man. someone here who had seen him in person said they could not believe the size of him, he's just a really big strong dude.

It has nothing to do with the weight difference. Ronda Rousey has broken limbs as well, and she fights at 135.

Mir lets go when you tap. He broke Nog and Timmeh because they didn't tap.

/thread

a heel hook isn't gonna snap a guy's leg in half rofl

What the hell? It tears the knee out of place. And with a different kind of pressure you can tear the ankle apart.

1. HW>WW
2. Won't snap shit with a heel hook/leg lock
3. Big Nog wasn't planning on tapping, thus a broken arm.

Not true. I remember Shamrock ripping some poor guy's knee in Pancrase with a heel hook.

Here you go:

A kimura or an armbar don't break limbs the same way a heel hook does. Palhares injured both Drwal and Pierce with those heel hooks. Maybe even Fitch but I don't remember well.

Back