Why Does Mackenzie Dern TRIGGER so many Sherdoggers?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by palerider500, Jan 7, 2019.

1. imarayda

imarayda Purple Belt

woah wait. So you're English got so bad that you Needed a translator to help you communicate?

lsa likes this.
  2. imarayda

imarayda Purple Belt

She pretends she needs a translator. But who defend it are worse.

Mpower, WendalClark17 and Da Boss like this.
  3. Dr Brian Pepper

Dr Brian Pepper Green Belt

When I was learning English, it really helped being translated to Spanish

4. imarayda

imarayda Purple Belt

That isn't the question. You said that you learned English then afterwards started learning other languages yada yada yada. Did your English, or Spanish for that matter, ever get so bad that you needed a translator?

I ask because that is the discussion being had. I understand the accent or whatever but that isn't the main point. She supposedly needs a translator to help speak English despite English being a language she spoke fluently most of her life. You're a linguist, does this sound like bs to you?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  5. mahavishnunj

mahavishnunj Purple Belt

like radical dude

6. Dr Brian Pepper

And youre just not understanding what I am saying.

She wants to be fluent in Portugees, and having English translated to Portugees is very helping when youre trying to learn, and become fluent in it.

I cant answer the question because I am not Dern, but when I was learning English, it really helped when it was translated into Spanish (my first langauge).

All the langaugaes I have learned, it being translated to Spanish is what really allowed my brain to adapt, and learn the langauges.

When Dern needs an English translator, its because she is in the process of learning Portugees, we all have an inner voice in our head, and being able to communicate with it in said language is one of the many steps it takes to become fluent.

So when she needs an English tranltor, its because her brain is wired to think in Portugees, because she is currently learning it.

Its pretty obvious if you know Portugees, she clearly hasnt mastered the langauage and misspeaks all the time.

And for the accent, again, she is trying to learn, and thus is adaptaing her accent to help, its a subconious thing that almost everyone does.

Go be around people you like and respect, you will mimic their behavior, its actually very common

7. imarayda

imarayda Purple Belt

So she needs a translator because her brain is wired to learn Portuguese ? So while learning Portuguese she needs someone to translate from English to a language that she is still learning?

8. Max_P

Max_P Blue Belt

Ugly
    ..unprofessional..how many times has she missed weight..
    Phony.. Faking accent to pretend to be Brazilian...

9. tkotom

tkotom Fedor belt

Even if she's not pretending, how do you forget English after moving to Brazil well into adulthood.

Super Shotgun and Mpower like this.
  10. mkess101

mkess101 World Series or bust...

All the language stuff is secondary imo. The reality is that someone who is ultra talented but lazy like her is gonna irritate a lot of people. You have WMMA that is DESPERATE for stars, and she's one of the best female grapplers that's ever lived. Yet she can't find the motivation to even pretend to make weight in her weight class. And she doesn't even hide that she doesn't give a fuck. Her gym basically kicked her out for being lazy and not wanting to train.

Wasted talent pisses people off is the short version.

Black Paladin likes this.
  11. HHJ

HHJ Jeg reiser til mørkets dyp der alt er dødt.

It does...but if she keeps winning like that? Hmmm

12. TheAmericanGazelle

TheAmericanGazelle Brown Belt

Pretty simple.

1. Faking broken syntax to appear more exotic illustrates mental problems, and is actually somewhat insulting to a country that has unquestionably done quite a bit for her.

2. Missing weight through sheer laziness and not giving a fuck is disrespectful, combined with apparent favoritism and lack of consequence from the UFC on that front (in real terms).

3. Getting booted from her gym by one of the straightest shooters in the game today.

That's 95 percent of it. The other 5 percent is probably what you want to be true (lol virgins mad jelly they can't hit even though they WOOD lmao and similar things).

13. mkess101

mkess101 World Series or bust...

I agree. But at some point they aren't gonna let her come in EIGHT pounds overweight, right? RIGHT LOL? (Or shit, maybe they will, hell if I know. I'm in another thread having to explain to people why Tony Ferguson deserves the next title shot at LW. The guy has won 11 in a row with 8 finishes, and I'm literally having to justify to some Sherdoggers why he should be next. So maybe I'm just an old dipshit and all the things I thought I knew aren't true anymore...)

HHJ likes this.
  14. Dr Brian Pepper

I can only repeat myself so many times.

She is trying to learn Portugees.

So she has English translated for her, because she is trying to learn Portugees, because she is trying to become fluent in Portugees, and she wants to understand how to speak Portugees through English.

You keep asking the same question over and over, and ignore the answer. /shrug

15. Cosworth

Cosworth Blue Belt

This is utter nonsense. As a Romance language Portuguese is relatively easy to learn as are the others in that language family. Millions of people have spent time in other countries and learned other languages and they don't suddenly start butchering their native language after a short period of time. The accent is a put-on.

Super Shotgun, Doughie99 and Mpower like this.
  16. Dr Brian Pepper

sigh, you havent read my posts, and I dont feel like explaining it anymore, sorry.

People learn differently, and this is the most common way.

My sample size is 1000+

go be around people you love and respect, you will adapt their speech, you probably dont even realize you do it.

HHJ likes this.
  17. Cosworth

Cosworth Blue Belt

I understand language and population dynamics very well. And I have personal experience in this area also. She has spent the vast majority of her life speaking English in an English speaking country receiving an education in English. The very fact you claimed Portuguese is 'VERY hard', which is completely false, destroys any credibility you could possibly claim to have.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Doughie99 likes this.
  18. Dr Brian Pepper

Lol, its subjective by person to person, you lose all credibility and logical reasoning when you state something like that.

What is hard for you is easy for others, doesnt mean you're stupid or mentally ill.

Doubt me all you want, Ill just laugh with my 6 figure job lmao

19. TheAmericanGazelle

TheAmericanGazelle Brown Belt

20. fdswer

fdswer Brown Belt

The language thing is just a act to try and sell herself to the Brazilian market.