Why does Kickboxing recieve so much dis-respect from the Muay Thai community?

i still believe in WCL making a comeback
American kickboxing is the most exciting combat sport IMO, i don't know why it didn't sell

Wow. Are you serious? I thought it was terrible in every way. I guess that most people thought the same, which is why it sunk like a bag of bricks.

Wow. Are you serious? I thought it was terrible in every way. I guess that most people thought the same, which is why it sunk like a bag of bricks.

yeah, i'm 100% believes it is the most exciting combat sport ever

i mean, Raymond, Blake,Thompson, Pat Barry, Njkoani. i used to check WCL website everyday to saw any fight in there. :icon_chee

i mean, Raymond, Blake,Thompson, Pat Barry, Njkoani. i used to check WCL website everyday to saw any fight in there. :icon_chee

I enjoyed watching WCL.

in seriousness though, partcuarly here in the UK a lot of people associate KB with U.S shiny trouser kicks above the waist style rather than k1 / glory rules so some stems from that

I actually like the full contact ruleset. You can get to see a lot of kicking techniques that you rarely see under other formats.

Does anyone even use the FC rules anymore, though? Seems everything now is either MT rules or K1(ish) rules.

The WCL was cool. They had a lot of exciting fights and the rules were such that it kept the action going. Not sure why anyone would call it "terrible in every way."

If that was the case then I wouldn't even ask, cuz I don't respect AK either.

Does that mean you don't respect boxing either? Because it is even more limited.

I'm not sure why you would DISRESPECT a sport. It's like bitching about basketball because you can't kick the ball or bitching about hockey because you can't just pick the puck up and throw it in the goal.

I actually like the full contact ruleset. You can get to see a lot of kicking techniques that you rarely see under other formats.

Does anyone even use the FC rules anymore, though? Seems everything now is either MT rules or K1(ish) rules.

Yeah there is still a scene in UK and Europe and a few WKA and Tae Kwon Do gyms doing it.i going to take it up for fitness as I don't like leg kicks as they can hurt both taking and giving them.

Yeah there is still a scene in UK and Europe and a few WKA and Tae Kwon Do gyms doing it.i going to take it up for fitness as I don't like leg kicks as they can hurt both taking and giving them.

FC scene is dying in the UK.

Someone else told me this a while back. It's kind of interesting that it's referred to as "American Kickboxing" but it seems to be much bigger at this point outside of American than within it.

But like I said, I think it's a ruleset with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. That doesn't make it better or worse, just different in my opinion. Personally, I'm okay with the FC rules and wouldn't mind seeing them make a comeback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back