Why does Khabib have the undisputed LW belt?

people walking around in here like someone who's 26-0 doesn't deserve a belt

Yeah but 19 of those guys are cans. He really should have had to beat at least a top 10 guy as a minimum for the belt.

I think the problem for people wondering ts's question is more - how can you become champion by fighting a rank eleven on short notice and jumping an interim champion as well as actual champion then have a fight against the champion who was stripped for you as your first defence....

10-0 doesn't = deserves belt.
Beating the champion, interim champion or no.1 contender could do, but 11 on 12hrs notice, that's Bush league by ufc.

I feel like people on here don't remember the Barao/Cruz situation.
It's exactly the same as the Conor/Khabib situation and nobody disputed Barao becoming the champion.

... In fact Conor has been more inactive than Cruz was.

Padded record, beats someone who isnt even a title contender for the belt. Should have just been an interem title, its bullshit what they did to tony. UFC just wanted a title fight for the $$$. For fucks sake Khabib couldnt even hurt Al in 5 rounds, let alone finish him.

I feel like people on here don't remember the Barao/Cruz situation.
It's exactly the same as the Conor/Khabib situation and nobody disputed Barao becoming the champion.

... In fact Conor has been more inactive than Cruz was.

Beat Faber for the belt. He was the 2nd best guy in the division with Cruz out.. Khabib beat a guy ranked 11..

When Khabib fails to show up for the fight he should be stripped, but probably won't. Which will make Dana look like an even bigger ass, if that's even possible.

There really needs to be a separate forum for this shit. Jesus Christ and Allah

Why shouldn't it be undisputed?

Khabib was the number one contender for quite some time. Conor would not defend it, Tony fell over a damn cable, and suddenly all the other top contenders were nowhere to be found.

It's not Khabib's fault that the only guy that had the balls to fight him was Al Iaquinta.

I'll just blame Eddie and move on, also Tony getting injured by tripping over some wires... but Eddie is the one to blame in all of this.

Because your hero set the record for the longest non-defense in the entire history of the sport. Now quit your bitching.

Conor beat the real champ and was stripped. Tony Ferguson beat Kevin Lee for the interim title. So how does Khabib have the undisputed LW title now after beating up some real estate agent on short notice? Is this the most illegitimate belt ever outside of WMMA?

(His record is also filled with more cans than a recycling center)

Cry all you want.
Conor chose to shamefully forfeit his belt instead of defend.
Tony has the toy belt and got injured before he fought for the real one.

Khabib fought for the real belt and won.

Simple as that.

Khabib definable deserves a belt......but it’s far from “undisputed”.

Hopefully it will all be resolved in the next couple of LW title fights......but if not we could have a 3 way rivalry to keep us entertained! Win win!

I want the guy who doesn't make homeless people do push ups to win.

Conor beat the real champ and was stripped. Tony Ferguson beat Kevin Lee for the interim title. So how does Khabib have the undisputed LW title now after beating up some real estate agent on short notice? Is this the most illegitimate belt ever outside of WMMA?

(His record is also filled with more cans than a recycling center)
Simple.
Conor stopping fighting for the UFC for nearly 2 years and was stripped.
Tony Ferguson became interim, and signed to fight Khabib for the undisputed title.
Tony pulled out because he trashed his knee.
Khabib fought his replacement for the undisputed title.
Khabib won.

Had either Conor fought in the last two years or had Tony paid attention to where he was walking, we would have less of a SNAFU than we currently have.
Doesn't matter though, because Khabib vs Conor is happening and then we'll have a lineal title.

So RDA, MJ and Barbosa. 3 out of 26 of his wins were against legitimate contenders. The rest of Khabibs victories were against people who fought for the Russian Ymca.

No. Al, Trujillo, Healy, Taibu, Tavares are all good to decent wins. None of them are Russian cans.

There are very few fighters who have a resume full of elite wins. Nobody is claiming Khabib has the most elite wins. He will get there as there is nothing but the elitest of elite coming his way but this notion of his resume consisting of just cans is utter bs. Go check Conor's resume of his fights before ufc. At least Khabib never lost to a can.

Can't wait until Khabib shuts morons like TS. The "real" champ will be beaten to a pulp very soon and then people can claim how Khabib beat an overrated plumber.

Unlike you, I know and admit it could easily go either way. I wont be surprised if Khabib beats Conor. The only ones who will be surprised will be you fanboys, who have been sniffing your own farts for the last two years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back