Why does Katlyn Chookagian keep getting main card fight?

Seriously, she keeps getting main card fights. She's not compelling, she barely wins and her style is super boring. So many better fights to showcase.

Must be a quota thing.
she is just hot Armenian broad who can swing.

Most of the PPV card looked shitty.

You have to put people that are highly ranked in a division on the main card. How else do you sell title fight when no one knows the challengers?

UFC learned this from how they booked 135/145 back when they merged with WEC. You literally had top guys like Mighty Mouse, Benevidez and Mendes stuck on the prelims and none of the casual fans had any clue who they were. Then they wondered why the title fights weren't selling on PPV.

Contenders need exposure.

Last edited:
Not sure ever seen her fight. I mean that as, not sure I've ever stopped while fast forwarding one of her fights. Her name reminds me of Artem, Choo choo mother fucker

I like WMMA but I don’t get this one.

15 wins, 12 by decision and she was just TKO’d by Andrade less than a year ago

She's was the most active female fighter in 2020, fought four times, and is at the top of her division.

If a flyweight is complaining about not getting to fight up the rankings to the media/their manager the matchmakers can just call up Chookagian.

She has a very high ranking (#2) and will seemingly fight anyone; thats pretty much the perfect UFC fighter in Bald Goofs eyes. Do as your told, fight for what we offer you, and don't badmouth us in the media.

She's pretty much lost every fight vs a known from fighter. Resume says she's not main event material.

Maia and Lauren Murphy are former Invicta champs. Maia just fought for a UFC title and Alexis Davis has fought for a UFC title. Calderwood always has hype around her fights and Calvillo also, as of recent.

Matchmaking makes a lot of sense when you put yourself in the matchmakers shoes and think of fighters as employees.

Say what you want about Katlyn Chookaigan but she is a good employee and a company woman.

She fights frequently, takes short notice fights, makes weight, TOP 5 in her division, and doesn’t complain. Matchmakers probably think she is a really good employee.

They're independant contractors. We're talking 1099s not W2s

It's part of the build up process for people they expect to fight for the title soon.

Because she’s technically a top 5 fighter, albeit in a super weak division. And UFC definitely has a quota and will always put a WMMA fight on the main card if they can. I can’t remember the last ppv that didn’t have one.

They should have seized the opportunity to cut her after Andrade finished her. She's Fitch-zoned - completely outclassed by the champion but good enough to derail every up and coming prospect. And she's boring as fuck.

She's was the most active female fighter in 2020, fought four times, and is at the top of her division.

If a flyweight is complaining about not getting to fight up the rankings to the media/their manager the matchmakers can just call up Chookagian.

She has a very high ranking (#2) and will seemingly fight anyone; thats pretty much the perfect UFC fighter in Bald Goofs eyes. Do as your told, fight for what we offer you, and don't badmouth us in the media.
Nice take, sir.

Back