Why Does Jones Want To Fight DC & Not Gus?

pcbh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it's because DC keeps calling him out and saying Jones is running from him. DC is a much tougher opponent for Jones than Gus is, so I can't see any other reason as to why Jones would fight DC instead of Gus.

because jones just found out that DC's knee may require surgery following his UFC 173 win against Hendo.

He's an amazing fighter, but on occasion, he hasn't come across as the smartest individual. I think he believes that DC is the easier fight, maybe he thinks he can just jab him from the outside.

In reality, DC by TKO or UD.

because jones just found out that DC's knee may require surgery following his UFC 173 win against Hendo.

DC only made his knee injury known this week and Jones has avoided signing the papers for the Gustafsson bout for several weeks, so I don't think DC's injury has anything to do with it.

DC only made his knee injury known this week and Jones has avoided signing the papers for the Gustafsson bout for several weeks, so I don't think DC's injury has anything to do with it.

He made no mention of DC until now though.

That's true, but jones has never expressed any interest to fighting DC as of now, up until almost a week after news broke out that DC may need surgery on his LCL and ACL.

He made no mention of DC until now though.

What other reason could he have for not signing the papers for the Jones Vs Gus fight? Everyone thought it had something to do with Jones wanting more money, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Who knows but JJ left the Gus fight in poor condition. I doubt he is excited about going into a DC training camp shortly after going through that again.

DC will be ready and rested. May be a harder fight, but it's a easier road to it.

What other reason could he have for not signing the papers for the Jones Vs Gus fight? Everyone thought it had something to do with Jones wanting more money, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Who knows what the reason is. But DC's injury may prompt Jones to use that as a way out of Gus.

I honestly just think it's about feeling progress. He feels he's won against Gustafsson, and wants new challenges rather than giving him a new chance of getting an upset. A Cormier win is a new feather in his cap, a Gustafsson one is just the same risk to confirm that he really deserves one he has allready.

It's understandable, but ultimately the reasoning doesn't really matter. Champions picking challengers sets a really poor precedent.

While Gus did give him a difficult fight and beat him up more than anyone else I can't help but to think that there is some hyping going on here. It really feels like the "Jones is scared of Gus" angle is getting pushed pretty hard. Maybe Jones really doesn't want to fight Gus but I think this might just be a good hype job.

Edit: it's not being pushed too hard yet but I think we're getting primed for it.

Doesn't want a boxing match yet, wants to improve in that area?
Mind games, will actually fight Gus but wants him to under train due to confusion?
Doesn't like close matches?
Heard rumor Gus was working with Dillashaw and Ludwig?
DC said he would be JBJ's best friend if he gave him the next shot?
Rumored Gus KO power unleashed in practice?
Just a couple.

I honestly just think it's about feeling progress. He feels he's won against Gustafsson, and wants new challenges rather than giving him a new chance of getting an upset. A Cormier win is a new feather in his cap, a Gustafsson one is just the same risk to confirm that he really deserves one he has allready.

It's understandable, but ultimately the reasoning doesn't really matter. Champions picking challengers sets a really poor precedent.

I think that's very possible.

Probably hype. I don't think anyone has said it aside from the president of the promotion company they work for

jbj the eye poker is a fraud he dont want no part of gus and thinks dc need surgery on his knee

I think it's because DC keeps calling him out and saying Jones is running from him. DC is a much tougher opponent for Jones than Gus is, so I can't see any other reason as to why Jones would fight DC instead of Gus.

i dont see what the argument here. he is obviously going to fight them both. doesnt matter in what order

Back