Why does John Morgan get a fast pass to ask the first question?

Damn it I really want to talk shit about that guy but I don't want none of that yellow trouble
I always thought he is either employed by UFC or he just is so desperate to have a good relationship with them that he never asks any hard questions. Anything that is even slightly controversial or difficult he will not ask.

That "every UFC current fighter is p4p greatest fighter ever" feel about him always

What kind of deal does this man have?
Why is he always the first to ask questions at every event?
Why is he always sitting cage side?
He is the lead staff reporter and co-owner of MMAJunkie, why is he favoured over other reporters?
Am I missing something? Clearly I am.

img_2293.jpg

Morgan bless.

He seems like a nice dude. First time I saw him was from behind and I thought Frank Mir is now a reporter

Also asks the most generic questions ever.

I always thought he is either employed by UFC or he just is so desperate to have a good relationship with them that he never asks any hard questions. Anything that is even slightly controversial or difficult he will not ask.

That "every UFC current fighter is p4p greatest fighter ever" feel about him always
Yeah he also give me that vibes of an UFC employee, he is pretty much a shill at this point.

I guess he is enjoying those benefits from being on Dana's good side

<BC1>

Dana gets free service at John's diner.

1553293828086.jpg

Lmao I definitely read it as fat pass.

BEFORE & AFTER?
upload_2020-1-15_21-26-11.pngupload_2020-1-15_21-24-47.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-15_21-24-27.png
    upload_2020-1-15_21-24-27.png
    485 KB · Views: 3
Because the questions he asks are softer than his neck. He asks as many tough questions as he has chins: none.

He would set the scene for the interview, if you start off with a softy question they may continue that line of questioning.
If you start with a zinger n get a crazy response, you have have journalists trying to emulate those styles of questions to get a headline.

...... IMO

Every single postfight.
Mostly because he's been around for a really long time, early 2000's at least, and doesn't usually go against the grain. On a side note: he's also a very frequent thread starter here.

Last edited:
UFC likes to get the pressers off on the right foot, and they have a deal where Morgan will always softball the first question.
If the first question is about something controversial which gets an inflamed reaction, all the next questions are just gonna build on that.
Having their fat shill start the thing off sets the right tone for them.

Back