Why does Italy keep picking up refugees?

Obviously used as guinea pigs with scientific experiments. Not so nice after all. Why use your own people why not the wandering lost?

Australia has the right idea, we turn back the boats. We haven't had a boat reach our shore now in almost 2 years.. This practice saves lives too. Under our previous government over 1200 refugees drowned because they could not stop the boats from coming.

Sure but you deport them back to their countries afterwards. Why the fuck is Italy keeping these people around? They already have enough economic problems as it is.

I agree. Drop them right back off. Not opposed to fencing or walling off large portions. I just cannot see people drowning, and just being like "bye Felicia". It's too much for me.

A few weeks ago the Italians were burning down refugee camps. :)

http://www.spiegel.de/international...crisis-worsens-in-mediterranean-a-964304.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...1-italy-immigration-crisis-human-trafficking/

Those are old articles but they are still rescuing them.

Basically, the navy finds them floating out there because obviously they are waiting to get picked up. Navy brings them to the mainland, and sets them up with some housing. There is much anger from locals who feel gubment is taking better care of refugees. They are having their own issues with the economy, political corruption. How they expect to pay for their care?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPipuzDqPpM

[YT]mPipuzDqPpM[/YT]

Do you expect they left women and kids to die in the sea?
Of course they don't

It will be a shitty human beings move don't save them

Problem is

Under the current lefty poor men's Obama wannabe leader (and the right wing alternative is worse)
As the ubercatholic State during the reign of the Cool Pope

If the Syrian govt is committing war crimes against civilians causing them to flee to Europe and resulting in a refugee problem for the EU... then maybe the EU should stop the problem at its source and get this whole Syria situation straightened out.

I agree. Drop them right back off. Not opposed to fencing or walling off large portions. I just cannot see people drowning, and just being like "bye Felicia". It's too much for me.

Yeah they can't let people drown, but they could repatriate them once the boat people are safe.

rest of yurop (secretly) gives Italy money to maintain them.

Is that Vice documentary in FAVOR of what Italy is doing or does it critique the situation?

In other words does it cast the light of Italy acting as a 'humane progressive fortress for tolerance' or does it critique Italy for sh#ting on its own people and undermining their nation via excessive catering to 'refugees', migrants etc?

Because I would be VERY shocked if the ultra liberal Vice did a 'special' critiquing what Italy is doing.

Refugees from Syria, Iraq, and probably some of Afghanistan, Pakistan.. here at the border with Greece
august 24, 2015

All I gathered from the video is that the "migrants" want a home and benefits automatically from a country that they do not belong to. The migrants shouldn't even be using the word benefits as they are not and have not been citizens of Italy or Europe. They have zero allegiance to any country they just want whatever they can get. They need to send them packing or not pick them up.

I also noticed many were men, not boys as the documentary kept saying. This is not good for any country that is dealing with this and it will only get worse until a strong stand is taken.

Back