Why does it seem Zombie not getting attention he deserves?

He just got KO'd by Rodriguez. Dont even see how he got to jump all the way up to fight number 5. And moicano is a can.

Because even if lost in one of the biggest flukes in MMA history, he was beating the shit out of Yair for 24 minutes. At some point, the skill level means more than the win-loss column.

Yeah but he still lost by KO
this is 100% true.

however im jaded because of all the off-putting hugging before hand, which change TKZ's whole body language too. At one point looking at him with hands down like 'are we fighting or is this foreplay'... idk. sick knockout, sick technique, the circumstances were just kind of - idk, dare i say lame.

Because even if lost in one of the biggest flukes in MMA history, he was beating the shit out of Yair for 24 minutes. At some point, the skill level means more than the win-loss column.
this, in a way. you have to respect the result but if you had two eyes and watched the fight well then I think you know there was some fuckery beforehand. not to mention the scorecard domination

Him speaking no English = No soundbites = Disinterested media

He gave us 1 KO of the year (on the receiving end) + fight of the year, and 2 KOTY contenders since coming back from a huge layoff. The guy always brings it. Kill or be killed.

Put him on a PPV against Aldo.

this, in a way. you have to respect the result but if you had two eyes and watched the fight well then I think you know there was some fuckery beforehand. not to mention the scorecard domination

If you're getting beaten up and outclassed and manage a last second knockout, the only thing you prove is that you have power.

easy... he doesn't speak English. Same story with Zabit.

You want to talk about a good fighter making an awesome return against a top fighter? Fucking nerd. Did you see that shit fight between the two guys who have relationships with Conor?

The card was shit.

Like it was a good card as a fight fan, but it literally didn't have any name on it, and like 4 ranked fighter fighting or something

If you're getting beaten up and outclassed and manage a last second knockout, the only thing you prove is that you have power.
well... yes and no. It took power, timing, accuracy - yada yada

the "initiating a hug" three times in the last minute or two shit though, well thats just lame tactics. it was clearly to change the rhythm of the exchanges and did so successfully. Sick KO but i know a lot of people didnt gain any respect for that one

well... yes and no. It took power, timing, accuracy - yada yada

the "initiating a hug" three times in the last minute or two shit though, well thats just lame tactics. it was clearly to change the rhythm of the exchanges and did so successfully. Sick KO but i know a lot of people didnt gain any respect for that one

My point is simply that one strike doesn't make you a better fighter. Especially if that one strike is a hail Mary thrown with 2 seconds left on the clock in a fight where you were basically a punching bag for 24 minutes.

I feel like none of the media outlets really gave much attention to TKZ's underdog win over #5 rank. Overshadowed by Lobov/Paulie or lackluster Bellator 223? I didn't see it that way, it was a pretty epic 1st round ko in dire situation against -200 favorite. Not something to be shrugged off or I even seen Schaub refer to it as "something we already knew". Kind of annoying. Guy deserves all the credit then some after that wacky "hug me 3 times in the final minute" b.s. Realistically only 1 or 2 (at most) big wins away from the 145 pound strap.
1. he's been fighting very infrequently the last years. 2. he's a foreigner who doesn't speak english

I think a lot of people mistake his wandering, zombie style to be too unpolished and wild.

Unfortunately he was on a very low-key card that was overshadowed by other combat sports events that night. KZ lost his momentum and visibility among casuals when he had to sit out for his military service. I'm still a huge fan from his earlier days but I get the feeling a lot of fans from those days have disappeared so he's got to build himself up all over again.
Pretty much this. Even I forgot how exciting he was.

Back