Why does it seem Zombie not getting attention he deserves?

Felsh

57-0
Banned
Reaction score
I feel like none of the media outlets really gave much attention to TKZ's underdog win over #5 rank. Overshadowed by Lobov/Paulie or lackluster Bellator 223? I didn't see it that way, it was a pretty epic 1st round ko in dire situation against -200 favorite. Not something to be shrugged off or I even seen Schaub refer to it as "something we already knew". Kind of annoying. Guy deserves all the credit then some after that wacky "hug me 3 times in the final minute" b.s. Realistically only 1 or 2 (at most) big wins away from the 145 pound strap.

Unfortunately he was on a very low-key card that was overshadowed by other combat sports events that night. KZ lost his momentum and visibility among casuals when he had to sit out for his military service. I'm still a huge fan from his earlier days but I get the feeling a lot of fans from those days have disappeared so he's got to build himself up all over again.

Unfortunately he was on a very low-key card that was overshadowed by other combat sports events that night. KZ lost his momentum and visibility among casuals when he had to sit out for his military service. I'm still a huge fan from his earlier days but I get the feeling a lot of fans from those days have disappeared so he's got to build himself up all over again.
3 main event 3 insane fights 2-1 with 2 1st round KO's since he's been back. I reckon he's ready for a ppv matchup vs either aldo or volk

it was a sick knockout but the entire card didn't get a lot of attention either

let's go for the next one though

Somehow Artem stole his thunder.<mma4>

The same reason very few (non american) asians are top 10 in the UFC. It is just difficult to market them in the US.

The same reason very few (non american) asians are top 10 in the UFC. It is just difficult to market them in the US.
south carolina crowd went crazy. imo TKZ not hard to market his fights speak for themselves. cant wait to see him right smack dab in the mix now

I love TKZ his hype is building

Glad he’s back in the win column just hated that he missed out on so much time being out for military service in Korea.

3 main event 3 insane fights 2-1 with 2 1st round KO's since he's been back. I reckon he's ready for a ppv matchup vs either aldo or volk

His return fight against Bermudez was one of the more viewed events recently. The Yair fight did decent numbers too.

His popularity is underrated on here. The UFC has done their research and knows. He's headlined 5 events in a row now and for good reason. KZ sells himself.

His return fight against Bermudez was one of the more viewed events recently. The Yair fight did decent numbers too.

His popularity is underrated on here. The UFC has done their research and knows. He's headlined 5 events in a row now and for good reason. KZ sells himself.
100% agree

I've noticed that not many media people or even MMA channels are talking much about him either, and if they do they just mention his win real briefly then they switch topic to the artem vs Paulie farce.

It's strange

Been watching since he was fighting in Japan. Never went anywhere as a fan, what’s there to say he’s simply the man.

He was about 2 seconds from being 3-0 since his return.

Just get sakuraba to have a bunch of kids and train them.

Just stop TS. Pipe down and Read up a bit. Start with this site.

He needs to be more active. The fact that he took no damage in this fight should be looked at as an opportunity to do so. Unfortunately he wants Aldo who will only fight in Brazil, & the UFC isn't going there until November 16th.

I know the UFC badly wanted Ortega/Zabit for UFC 240 but Ortega can't make it. My hope is they give Zombie a pay pump &/or new deal to fight Zabit and save UFC 240 or headline a FN in SEP.

I'm a fan but it was a weird night of fights + he doesn't speak English & neither did his interpreter
hopefully next time he'll get the attention he deserves

I've noticed that not many media people or even MMA channels are talking much about him either, and if they do they just mention his win real briefly then they switch topic to the artem vs Paulie farce.

It's strange
I don't watch anything or listen to anything MMA related. But even 3 days after the event no one is talking about it..that's crazy to me. I understand the night of fights, because the bullshit with Paulie and Artem, but KZ's KO should be more talked about. Just silly people into dumbed down drama.
It's definitely strange. I guess he isn't known outside of Hardcores.

Because it was a busy weekend for mma w bkfc and bellator as well. Now this week the 239 hype and pre fight stuff is rolling out

Sucks but it is what it is. He’s gonna get a big fight tho next, for sure.

Back