why does Hillary Clinton have such staggering support amongst black Americans?

i would venture to say that a very, very high percentage of those who support her have no idea why they support her.

So that pic of Sanders and Lewis on the bridge together??

And that was from the 50th anniversary Selma march no less.

hi and good evening PiL,

that looks like Mrs. Sanders, Congressman Lewis, and Mr. Sanders in the image.

i wouldn't lose too much sleep over this all, to be honest. Lewis is a longtime friend of the Clintons and served as her campaign chair in 2007.

i'd just have preferred that he tout Mrs. Clinton's achievements in civil rights, such as her 96% rating from the NAACP (Sanders received a 97% rating, but who cares?) or her 60% rating from the ACLU (Sanders received a 93% rating, but ratings schmatings, right?).

ahhh well.

- IGIT

So this is pretty obviously the type of idiotic response the TS was looking for. Nice job, IGIT.

hiho, Mr. Savage,

Some men achieve legend through feats of strength, or acts of extreme and selfless valor. In Birch Run, Tony achieved this status simply by making a BLT. Oh, and the "B" is in reference to an entire pound of crispy bacon, served up in an old-school family joint off of I-75. Yes, that means that people eat this thing and drive home.

You're a madman, Tony. And a legend.

Jack, i'd check out this place; http://www.tonysi75restaurant.com/menu.html

- IGIT

Truthfully?

Low/no information voters.

Perpetuated myth of Bill Clinton being a "Brutha" and "Good for the blacks", and Hillary by association must be the same. Plus she was cool with Obama, right yall?

If the African American community wanted to vote someone with their interests in mind, and who is going to actually give them the free shit they think they deserve, they'd vote for Bernie --- and I anticipate those numbers to begin to swing towards Sanders as time goes on.

If they really wanted to fix the problems in their community, they would elect a small government libertarian type like Rand Paul, who wants to stop the war on drugs and stop the hand-outs. But we know that won't happen.
As if handouts are just for Blacks, though that's what grassrotos conservatives and the rightwing blogosphere like to focus one, while putting corporate welfare and wars for profit on the backburner.

As if handouts are just for Blacks, though that's what grassrotos conservatives and the rightwing blogosphere like to focus one, while putting corporate welfare and wars for profit on the backburner.

Get off your soapbox Rachel Madcow.

We're talking about BLACK VOTERS going for Hillary specifically. We're not talking about entitlement reform in a broad sense. What the fuck does corporate welfare or war profiteering have to do with your typical black voter? Nothing.

Pay attention and keep up.

Because:

6C8538899-tdy-130806-president-latenight-clinton.jpg

Back