Why Does Herb Dean get so much "Respect?"

PitDoggMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He is actually one of the shittiest refs, if not the shittiest.

Place blatant favoritism, the entire wrapping of the Khabib/Connor fight was a debacle, his call of the Lawler/Askren match, etc. I mean, he's basically incompetent if not deliberately biased.

I think people praise him just because they see "other people" praise them ... who themselves saw "someone else" praise him.

But if you really analyze the last 10 fights he's reffed, he's basically incompetent (or, worse, on someone's payroll).

Dana called him the best ref in the game when Big John triggered Dana

he's a cool guy - met him at a bar in la crescenta one night

he was trashed and offered us some of his weed

And replace him with who? TS must be new to watching fights....

he's a cool guy - met him at a bar in la crescenta one night
he was trashed and offered us some of his weed

Being "a cool guy" doesn't make someone competent.

"A cool guy" doesn't ignore blatant fouls ... and hamper those who are doing well against crowd favorites.

The best part about Herb is that he was an MMA fighter himself.

He had a vicious style, he ran his division for awhile.

{<jordan}

Being "a cool guy" doesn't make someone competent.

"A cool guy" doesn't ignore blatant fouls ... and hamper those who are doing well against crowd favorites.

its a thankless job brah - everyone makes mistakes

is he the best? no
is he better than most? no...prolly not
is he competent? probably not
is he who we have? yup, so deal with it

better than big dan

and as far as goddard goes - the guy takes himself WAY too seriously and think's he's the star of the show constantly stopping the fights and talking to fighters

because hes a good referee and he fought joe riggs. hespect

I think Herb used to be really good, he’s been slipping the past couple of years. McCarthy is GOAT ref, but Peterson is the best right now IMO.

Because he risks his life being trapped in that cage with those barbaric animals.

Since 2014 I've been saying Herb is one of the worst refs, not a clue why he still gets touted as one of the best

He seemingly alternates between stopping fights too late and then too early, especially if he fucks up early on one card you can normally expect a different mistake in a later fight

TS must be a great ref. It's one of the most difficult tasks you can have, make decisions in a split second while millions are watching. Herb is a great ref, don't be stupid

its a thankless job brah - everyone makes mistakes

is he the best? no
is he better than most? no...prolly not
is he competent? probably not
is he who we have? yup, so deal with it

better than big dan

and as far as goddard goes - the guy takes himself WAY too seriously and think's he's the star of the show constantly stopping the fights and talking to fighters

Rosenthal, McCarthy, and Goddard are better.

Never seen any of them "allow constant fouls" like Dean allowed ConAir to get away with against Khabib.

McCarthy would've warned him, then taken points from him. Same with Goddard.

He used to be much better. Unfortunately most of the current alternatives are still worse than him imho.

Also,

91d9c22c5b46a811f2ae7194801b0a51.jpg

Because he's fought in the cage and referees in the prime mma organisation.

Why wouldn't you respect him? Do you go around not respecting people for no reason?

Rosenthal, McCarthy, and Goddard are better.

Never seen any of them "allow constant fouls" like Dean allowed ConAir to get away with against Khabib.

McCarthy would've warned him, then taken points from him. Same with Goddard.

big johns retired rosenthals in jail and even though Goddard is likely more competent I'd take dean over him for the aforementioned reasons

Back