Why does Forest stop kicking

Tigerknee

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
When ever I watch a Forest fight ,I noticed that early on he'll hurt his opponent with leg kicks, He had Rampage and Reshad hurt pretty bad. Reshad even admitted that he felt like if Forest kicked him one more time he would have just quit, and Rampage's knee was completely jacked from the kicks. Then for what ever reason he just gives up on his game plan of leg kicks, has any one noticed this ? Does it hurt him to throw the kicks? why would he give up on something that is clearly working

Maybe he doesn't want opponents to get used to the kicks and start catching them.

He could also be getting tired. Kicks take a lot of energy, especially if you miss a few times.

Maybe he doesn't want opponents to get used to the kicks and start catching them.

maybe, this weekend I was watching a show and Reshad was doing an interview, he said one time forest kicked him so hard he thought he would shit him self

Forrest is a very frustrating fighter to root for - he has very good BJJ that he rarely uses (except to scramble back to his feet if he is taken down), and has killer leg kicks that he throws very sporadically. He is almost Jorge Gurgel-like in this regard, preferring to turn every fight into a sloppy brawl instead of playing to his own strengths.

Lastly, I wonder if he'll shy away from throwing too many kicks in the Davis fight (as it will leave him more vulnerable to being taken down), or whether he'll throw many leg kicks to bait Davis to take him down, so as to set up a submission on Phil.

Go kick a wall with your shin and let us know if it hurts TS

after the Silva fight it seems like his confidence has gone away.

When ever I watch a Forest fight ,I noticed that early on he'll hurt his opponent with leg kicks, He had Rampage and Reshad hurt pretty bad. Reshad even admitted that he felt like if Forest kicked him one more time he would have just quit, and Rampage's knee was completely jacked from the kicks. Then for what ever reason he just gives up on his game plan of leg kicks, has any one noticed this ? Does it hurt him to throw the kicks? why would he give up on something that is clearly working

I was actually talking about this with my brother the other day. i don't know why either because he had some solid leg kicks

Because kicks take up a lot of energy and they can become telegraphed when used too much

Yeah, isn't that how Rashad caught and dropped Forrest?

If memory serves I think he threw that kick to the body and Rashad caught it. I could be wrong though, I haven't seen the fight in a long time.

he started getting countered and taken down

Forrest is a very frustrating fighter to root for - he has very good BJJ that he rarely uses (except to scramble back to his feet if he is taken down), and has killer leg kicks that he throws very sporadically. He is almost Jorge Gurgel-like in this regard, preferring to turn every fight into a sloppy brawl instead of playing to his own strengths.

Lastly, I wonder if he'll shy away from throwing too many kicks in the Davis fight (as it will leave him more vulnerable to being taken down), or whether he'll throw many leg kicks to bait Davis to take him down, so as to set up a submission on Phil.

Agree with most of your post but I don't see the last part happening. Davis has shown phenomenal grappling in his limited time in the sport.

i really dont think forrest will submit davis. He has a chance, but i highly highly doubt it]

He's saving them for when he gets another title show

He doesn't want to waste them on lesser opposition because then his title fight opponent will know what to expect

If memory serves I think he threw that kick to the body and Rashad caught it. I could be wrong though, I haven't seen the fight in a long time.

Yeah, a kick is what took Griffin from being up 3 rounds in a title defense to having his head bounced off the canvas.

Back