Why does Faber think people actually wanted to see him fight McGoat?

Call it a hunch but Faber would actually show up in shape, and offers a huge take down threat?

he would show up in shape true but the size difference would be way to great, im not saying no way Faber would be able to get him to the ground but even if he did fat chance he would be able to keep Mcgregor there far less land anything meaningful

Last edited:
He missd Half his takedowns, couldn't hold any position except for guard then got K.O infront of his wife. But yeah bro those elbows were brutal.....did you see that cut.....
He didn't miss, they got defended, and when he did get him down, he managed to keep him there for a good stretch of the round. Chad is more of a guard-worker, didn't attempt to pass very much at all. Also, the result was a TKO, not a KO, let's not exaggerate.

I just love revisionist history. haha first conor butchered him the 1st round. All while being injured. and not some little sore toe, but a severe knee injury. Mendes could not even win 1 round and could not even keep conor down for 1 round. Could not go 1 round on the feet. IN the end, he was ko'd in under 2 rounds. All while conor was injured.. Conor and mendes most likely trained the same amount of time, given that conor was injured through out his training camp and couldn't do much of anything till only weeks before the fight.
If Mendes lasted 9 more seconds it would have been 20-18 Mendes. Maybe 20-17 after that second round. Stop trying to change history. And he wasn't injured or he never would have got cleared to fight. Stop drinking Conor's nut.

I just love revisionist history. haha first conor butchered him the 1st round. All while being injured. and not some little sore toe, but a severe knee injury. Mendes could not even win 1 round and could not even keep conor down for 1 round. Could not go 1 round on the feet. IN the end, he was ko'd in under 2 rounds. All while conor was injured.. Conor and mendes most likely trained the same amount of time, given that conor was injured through out his training camp and couldn't do much of anything till only weeks before the fight.
Do you have any x-rays or pictures of Conor's injury? I've not had a poster that can give me anything other than his teammates' word that he was injured.

Not calling bullshit, but when Aldo and RDA got injured, people demanded X-rays and still refuted them, but Conor seems to get a pass.

he would show up in shape true but the size difference would be way to great, im not saying no way Faber would be able to get him to the ground but even if he did fat chance he would be bale to keep Mcgregor there far less land anything meaningful

Did you ever seen Frankie Edgar when he fought at 155? He literally cut 1 pound, and fought people who cut from 170+

Clearly Frankie and Urijah are two different fighters, but I wouldn't be so quick to count out Faber getting to the ground and holding him there.

Conor's Jits is good but I don't think it's great.

> Hurr Durr revisionist history

> Conor BUTCHERED him in the first round tho

Lol couldn't even try to give a biased troll analysis without spewing Conor verbatim.

The last guy who was 5'5 and 135(according to McGregor himself ) ended up ragdolling Conor for two full rounds on 10 days notice lol.

"The guy is a natural Bantamweight who's a white belt on the ground"

img25239551.jpg
And how did that fight end again? I can't remember

EVERYONE tries to sell themselves vs McG.

Payday of a lifetime.

Can't blame them.

This. Everyone wants in on that Conor McGregor money and we can't blame them. I would actually let Conor beat me into the hospital for that kind of money.

Seriously, how much is a wheelchair these days? Enough left to spend it on stupid stuff for the rest of my life.

1. Umm scoring 4 takedowns in 2 rounds is ALOT. Some people don't score that many in 5 round fights.

2. He did pass guard multiple times, but as a wrestler he felt comfortable posturing up and dropping GnP from inside Conors archaic "closed" guard lol.

3. As for the KO, Mendes could hardly stand on his feet after the scramble in the second.

Don't kid yourself m8, Mendes gassed on his way to the Octagon and still managed to put a beating on Conor. :D
LMAO 4 takedowns prooves my point, conor kept getting up and mendez coukdn't hold the position cuse everytime he tried to pass guard, HE lost position. Also: lol at as a wrestler he felt confortable doing dnp, is that why he went for the submission buddy?

Once upon a time, Faber was the only person under 155lbs that fans cared about. There is still a little bit of residual interest in him based on past success, but the actual amount of interest in Faber at this point is optimistically exaggerated by both Faber and the UFC. In reality, Faber is not a draw anymore. At least he gets to keep the crown as the biggest draw on the undercard.

0.jpg

Gray Maynard walks around at 185 pounds, and Frankie Edgar walked around at ~158 pounds. Dana is keeping Frankie at bay for a very GOOD reason. He's making too much money off of McGregor to let him lose.

LMAO 4 takedowns prooves my point, conor kept getting up and mendez coukdn't hold the position cuse everytime he tried to pass guard, HE lost position. Also: lol at as a wrestler he felt confortable doing dnp, is that why he went for the submission buddy?

Okay I'm gonna try to keep this as basic as possible because your comprehension of MMA seems to be subpar...

1. Yes, 4 takedowns is ALOT for two rounds BUT you're also not factoring in the CONTROL time Medes had from top position.

2. Mendes went for the half hearted submission attempt because he had NOTHING left in his gas tank for a potential Round 3 so he went for broke.

3. Do you want to know what Conors "Arsenal" of scrambles back to his feet consisted of?

- Mendes let him back up after the first TD

- begging Herb "stand us back up"

- The first round bell... lol

- and the infamous poorly attempted guillotine

Thanks for trying though.

PS Prove me wrong

Protip: you can't :cool:

He missd Half his takedowns, couldn't hold any position except for guard then got K.O infront of his wife. But yeah bro those elbows were brutal.....did you see that cut.....
Conor was pleading for a standup. He only got up because Mendes tried that ridiculous sub. Conor was not going anywhere. If you were impressed with Conor's performance against a "natural Bantamweight" wrestler on 10 days notice perhaps it's time to get your eyes checked.

Conor was pleading for a standup. He only got up because Mendes tried that ridiculous sub. Conor was not going anywhere. If you were impressed with Conor's performance against a "natural Bantamweight" wrestler on 10 days notice perhaps it's time to get your eyes checked.

So what if he couldnt get up,mendes couldnt finish him and the rounf woulda ended and he woulda killed him to death in the 3rd

1st of all he wasn't "begging" for a standup, mendes was gauging him a lot, 2nd he went for that sub attempt because conor was butchering him from the bottom.

I can't see how that would be a competitive fight...

Conor fights air all the time and his nuthuggers drool over it.

1st of all he wasn't "begging" for a standup, mendes was gauging him a lot, 2nd he went for that sub attempt because conor was butchering him from the bottom.
He was begging for a stand up. Get over it. He went for the sub because he wanted to finish the fight right there and then.

Back