Why does everyone talk Conor-Khabib instead of Conor-Holloway

I have a better chance of becoming the king of Saudi Arabia than Conor does at making 145 again

I absolutely think he could make it, if he really wanted to...I just don't think he does...at this point his career, he no longer needs to cut weight, since his goal is to make money...early on, it was to win titles...and make money..

Why would anyone talk about Conor vs Holloway? Holloway is the champ of a division Conor will never fight in again and he just lost his first fight at LW. There is no point to this rematch.

Conor has only ever been super impressive at FW.

He stopped a wrestler in Chad Mendes at FW and clowned on everyone else looking unstoppable.

He is 1-1 at LW, and is no match for Khabibs wrestling.

I don’t even think Conor is the biggest FW but his height and reach and power are an asset there.

If he cares about greatness and legacy, he should go on a FW run and try to be the GOAT there.

Conor couldn’t make FW with a hacksaw, and IVs. He is never fighting at FW again.

Beating khabib Tony or cowboy means more legacy wise then beating Holloway a guy who a failed featherweight beat
Financially nothing is there at featherweight

Holloway needs to fight a wrestler to cement his legacy

Edit why can’t 171lb when not dieting McGregor make 145? Yet 180 max can? 175 Ortega can? 170 Aldo can?

He has given me no reason to believe he can’t make 145 if he really wanted to
He made 145 twice without IV before someone brings that up
His cardio sucks at 170, worse at 155, and probably even worse at 145 now that hesbulkef up a bit

@AWilder his cardio has never been a problem a 145
He went a hard 3 with Holloway and never gassed
At 155 his cardio isn’t that bad
He only really gassed hard vs Nate

Conor couldn’t make FW with a hacksaw, and IVs. He is never fighting at FW again.

Why does everyone say there are bigger people than him who fight at weight classes they have no business in?

Gleison Tibau and Rumble Johnson and even guys like Thiago Alves used to somehow make ridiculous weight cuts

Why is anyone talking about Connor anyway?

He’s retired and got embarrassed in his last fight. His name and a TS is absolutely ridiculous.

Nobody in the LW division, not even Khabib, can beat the Conor of today

Probably the most truthful statement in the thread for a number of reasons:

1. Khabib won't waste his time with Conor.
2. Conor stays retired.
3. Conor goes to prison.
4. Any combination of 1 - 3.

Nobody can beat him if he won't or can't fight. :rolleyes:

I think y'all sleeping on healthy-footed Conor. Best next fight would be Holloway-Conor at 155.

Why does everyone say there are bigger people than him who fight at weight classes they have no business in?

Gleison Tibau and Rumble Johnson and even guys like Thiago Alves used to somehow make ridiculous weight cuts

Well the proof will be in if Conor ever fights there again.

Conor has too much money now to put himself through this torture..

138747_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg
Don't underestimate Rick James favorite extracurricular hobby.

Where does this narrative come from? Conor is a below average LW just like Max but is in a better shape and not as tall. He has never missed the weight.

Coach kav talked about the weight cut a bit when he was on JRE. It's not easy for them apparently. When he was in his early 20's it was no issue but the closer he came to 30 the harder the cut. They agreed to switch to LW. Now he totally could make the cut to FW, but I seriously doubt kav wants to go that route again, or if he did it would have to be an Earth shattering fight.

Mostly they talk about Conor vs Khabib because Conor had to half kill himself to make FW in the first place. He'll never do that again.

Back