Why does everyone hate Overeem?

Thats a really narrow minded black and white way to look at it.

The REEM makes way too much money a fight to retire. I wouldnt either.
So do a lot of legends

How much is Bellator paying Fedor?
Still many called for him to retire after Bader arm punch KO'd him

JDS makes 400k to show but the forum was flooded with threads pleading for him to retire after losing to Blaydes

I'm not telling anyone how to live
I don't care who retires
This is what I see

Reem is the only one that seems to escape these pleas

Seriously? Do you realize where you’re posting?

Overeem is the single most blatant example of a roid freak in the history of the sport. The immediately subsequent fight after he got popped, he looked like a *completely* different fighter. It was the most dramatic difference we’ve ever seen. If you blocked out his face & showed footage of both versions to virgin eyes, they wouldn’t be able to tell it was the same guy.

Seriously? Do you realize where you’re posting?

Overeem is the single most blatant example of a roid freak in the history of the sport. The immediately subsequent fight after he got popped, he looked like a *completely* different fighter. It was the most dramatic difference we’ve ever seen. If you blocked out his face & showed footage of both versions to virgin eyes, they wouldn’t be able to tell it was the same guy.
He was still quite beefy vs Silva and Browne, he looked the most different after those and became Econoreem. One thing I respect is that he completely changed his style and still fought at a high level and didn’t turn into a bag of dog food like Belfort did

He’s an anomaly in MMA.

Been destroyed 100 times, yet still manages to look dominant and technical in certain situations/match-ups.

If they could repair all his brain damage he’d probably be champ already.

He has gotten koed many times be4, even as a LHW. But at the same time, he actually wins some fights, beats some guys. He was winning the whole fight in the last one, but screwed up and got hit at the very end. The guy couldnt beat him without that last second ko. The ufc hates him I think..they always give him tough, heavy hitter matchups. It's like they want him to get koed in spectacular fashion.

If he would go back to fighting ubereem agressive striking he could beat those guys. As ecoreem he cant hit as hard and doesnt seem to ever kick anymore. His kicks use to be awesome. He was a k1 level guy. and needs to be that fighter...huge, agressive. He had a couple losses as uber and changed camps and changed strategies and body makeup.

He has over 60 career fights and 8 have gone to decision. If you don't fuck with Reem I don't fuck with you

Personally i hated the reem most of the time. He has grudingly over time earned my respect by continuing to stay in the game without being Ubereem. So hes ok w me now. I forgive him.

He was still quite beefy vs Silva and Browne, he looked the most different after those and became Econoreem. One thing I respect is that he completely changed his style and still fought at a high level and didn’t turn into a bag of dog food like Belfort did

Belfort was old & was a great fighter before running wild on the gear when he began aging (yes I know he lost to overeem). Overeem was two utterly different fighters. I’ve never seen a fighter look as bad as he did vs Bigfoot. That was the most emphatic durp in ufc history. He was so explosive versus lesnar

Overeem served his suspension and as far as I know, kept clean since then. Plus, even though he was obviously on some pretty heavy drugs at one point, he hasn't even been "pulsing".
Can you explain this better as it relates to my post? I’m not sure of your angle here.

Overeem was a HEAVY roid user who knocked people the fuck out. His use of anabolic steroids is 10x worse than Jones, as I said earlier, can’t hate jones for PEDS but support Overeem. It’s a complete double standard

Overeem is smart. He knows he can’t beat the top of the crop, so he fights “up and coming future contenders” and beats most of them at 800k a fight. He’s being a smart fighter preparing for the day that inevitably comes when he can’t hang at all anymore. Won’t be excited to see him retire but when he does he won’t be hurting for cash and likely won’t go down with a thousand KOs saying this guy should retire etc.

He likely has millions in the bank and will hang it up within two years IMO and when he does he won’t be broke. He knows he likely won’t be the champion so he’s doing the best thing he can to earn his check.

For nearly being 40 with 20 years of fighting experience across kickboxing and MMA, he should be far better than what he is.

Between the roids, running away in fights, 'I felt the tap, Joe,' and being overall mediocre... since his fight with Stipe I can't think of a single fight of his I looked forward to seeing. Its like 'If I see it I'll see it, if not I'll read the results and see a Gif of the finish.'

I see a lot of fans pleading with fighters to retire after 1 or 2 bad loses

This guy is leading the league in brootal loses but we all seem to be ok with him continuing

Everybody hates Alistair

{<shrug}
I love Overeem and think he should retire but who am I to judge, we could all die tomorrow suddenly so why tell a guy to stop doing what he loves, it's his life.

Can you explain this better as it relates to my post? I’m not sure of your angle here.

Overeem was a HEAVY roid user who knocked people the fuck out. His use of anabolic steroids is 10x worse than Jones, as I said earlier, can’t hate jones for PEDS but support Overeem. It’s a complete double standard

Sorry for any unclarity. I meant that Overeem has reformed while Jones has permission to pulse.

People have been watching Reem get brutally knocked unconscious for 20 years. Hard to get that emotional about it.

His bandwagon crashed and burned many times. Love seeing his fans get rustled.
Brock destroys him in a rematch..

i'd feel compassion for his brain if only Overeem felt compassion for my bank account.

Back