Why does everyone hate Overeem?

You are hating on Reem and not appreciating his talents. Even after all those knock outs he has less CTE then the current HW champ.

It's just fun to see him get knocked out

giphy.gif

One of the few strikers I respect. Striker who worked on his overall game and became a lethal weapon. He's great. Just not a fan because of the horse meat and asshole reputation.

because his super saiyan mode (ubereem) is way cooler

I don't hate Overeem. I don't really hate any fighter

I love Overeem - I honestly think he would be HW champ if his chin wasn't completely gone.

I was actually a fan of his brother Valentine back in Rings (when he submitted Randy Coutoure) and my first time seeing Allistair was when he fought Bobby Hoffman at a King of the Cage event. Seeing him go from a wiry kick boxer with promising talent, to a hulking super human that KO'd Badr Hari, Aerts, Spong etc. was probably one of the most startling transformations in all of mixed martial arts.

When Allistair won the Strikeforce belt, there was an aura surrounding him that he was damn near invincible - many people on the forums thought that he would be the first guy to defeat Fedor. Somewhere along the way his chin got cracked, and he downsized into Econoreem. Still an entertaining fighter, but a far cry from the beast that wrecked Brock Lesnar.

Legit legend, bridging generations, lifting new fighters by getting highlight reel'd
-- i ate raw horse meat in his honor. I am a little worried about his brain as he ages, but ill be cheering for him

This post is brootal! I like Overeem, his chin is done. He has a sad future full of CTE though.

Can’t hate on Jones whilst supporting Overeem, remember this sherdog

Overeem served his suspension and as far as I know, kept clean since then. Plus, even though he was obviously on some pretty heavy drugs at one point, he hasn't even been "pulsing".

He's been KO'd badly like 50 times

Where is the compassion that is shown to most most fighters?

<Prem974>
Usually when fighters get KO'd a few times they're done and it's all downhill. Somehow overeem gets brutally KO'd and then goes on a win streak like it never happened. He won 2 in a row and was 4 seconds from being on a 3 fight win streak.

every1 doesnt hate him. He always comes back and gets a win or 2 in between ko losses and still has the skills. he isnt getting koed by baby shots. its just the HW division. Thats why nobody is saying retire.

You dont have to hate someone to want them to retire. Quite the opposite actually.

He's been KO'd badly like 50 times

Where is the compassion that is shown to most most fighters?

<Prem974>

He is better looking, more successful, has much more money, and can put together a coherent sentence and logical argument better than you seemingly can.

Once he hits your level of retardation, we'll call for his retirement.

You dont have to hate someone to want them to retire. Quite the opposite actually.
That isn't what I said
It's the opposite
You want the fighters that you like to retire so no more brootal loses

No one is calling for Reem to retire despite all the brootal lose, therefore everyone hates Reem

That isn't what I said
It's the opposite
You want the fighters that you like to retire so no more brootal loses

No one is calling for Reem to retire despite all the brootal lose, therefore everyone hates Reem
Thats a really narrow minded black and white way to look at it.

The REEM makes way too much money a fight to retire. I wouldnt either.

Rozenstruik was lucky the ref stopped it, he also almost lost to Nelson after dominating him the whole fight, that would have been crazy.
If the ref didn’t stop it overeem could be missing half his face

Back