Why does everybody want Mcgregor to fight a meaningless 155 fight

Because there's no way he can cut to 145 on two weeks notice. He probably has to diet like a mofo when preparing for 145 and he still looks like a meth addict when he weighs in. Could you think of the effects a 145 weight cut would have on him now?

but not on short notice. if he wins they'll just say 'it's only because (x fighter) had a short camp'. if he's going to fight someone at LW, let whoever it is have a full camp and train properly.
Apparently khabibs camp offered but ufc said no. Not surprised though. If a 2 week no camp mendes can outwrestle conor, what khabib (who is in shape and training with cain, dc and rockhold) can do to him is scary.

but not on short notice. if he wins they'll just say 'it's only because (x fighter) had a short camp'. if he's going to fight someone at LW, let whoever it is have a full camp and train properly.

That's true. I still think they'll come out on top either way. Most people wont know the other guy had a short camp and most wont really understand how significant that is. Me and you will but most casual who buy his PPV's wont have any idea.

Didn't you get the memo, TS? Because it's 2016; the year of weird meaningless match ups. Now bring in a flabby 145 pounder making his UFC debut.

Conor is not going to cut to 145 at this point, having trained for 155. As a fan it would be fun to see him go up against another elite striker at 155 for fun.

Has the UFC turned into Pride? Do we want the champs fighting meaningless non title fights? Remember how Fedor fought random non title fights all the time in Pride? Do we really want that? There is a clear answer to this problem, McGregor vs Holloway 145 championship fight, it's the best case scenario. Why should McGregor fight Cowboy or Diaz, both who are far from a title shot? McGregor should defend his title, title fights are so much more important than random fights at 155
this is exactly what everybody wanted.

Everybody said, "155 is too big for Conor" or "Conor doesn't deserve immediate 155 title shot"

Now Conor prove that he can beat up a 155 and that he deserves a title shot by beating some other 155 contender. Or do you rather Conor pull out?

Has the UFC turned into Pride? Do we want the champs fighting meaningless non title fights? Remember how Fedor fought random non title fights all the time in Pride? Do we really want that? There is a clear answer to this problem, McGregor vs Holloway 145 championship fight, it's the best case scenario. Why should McGregor fight Cowboy or Diaz, both who are far from a title shot? McGregor should defend his title, title fights are so much more important than random fights at 155

Yes, after his camp was dedicated to fighting at 155 lbs. He'll never get the weight off.
Can you please think about what you're posting for a moment before you do?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see that fight as well, but no way in hell is McGregor making 145 in less than 2 weeks with a steak diet and a camp that has seen him put on muscle.

Because love him or hate him before the match everyone loves to watch him fight.

I think Cerrone is the best option. Yea, he just lost to RDA, but he went on a nice tear before that and has picked up a win since then (granted in another weight class, but it's a weight class up, not down). He's also a fan favorite and would make the little bit of build up we'd get entertaining.

I am not a fan of the Diaz idea. He would probably get smoked by Conor, and I don't think anybody believes he's even top 3 in the division, possibly not even top 5. Seems meaningless. At least Cerrone is arguably 2nd best in the division behind RDA, particularly since Khabib can't stay healthy.

yeah i'd actually rather they scrap the whole fight and have him either wait for RDA or move back down and face edgar. no point in a late replacement at LW, wouldn't prove anything.
Don't be scurred, Homie!

latest

Conor should be fighting Edgar though.

We're all talking about replacement, how do we know McGregor might not just wait for Dos Anjos?

I'd prefer him just not to fight. He has nothing to gain from winning and can you imagine the state of the UFC if he loses. It makes no sense for him for fight but he's gonna fight because he's true to character.

how fucking idiotic is it that we don't want to see the stars fighting unless it's for a title? I just want to see the best guys fighting. RDA is out so matching Conor with a top contender is hardly meaningless. Conor's never even fought at LW in the UFC. If he can beat a Cerrone the hype for a title fight just gets even bigger.

I'd prefer him just not to fight. He has nothing to gain from winning and can you imagine the state of the UFC if he loses. It makes no sense for him for fight but he's gonna fight because he's true to character.

I agree he has character. 100%, but lets not forget he will be turning away millions if he rescheds instead of taking another fight and Conor loves his $$$$

Because people legitimately do not believe Conor can hang with the best at 155. Not just his haters. I like him, but to be honest I'm worried if he fights Diaz or Khabib (which I found out he turned down).

1. Doubt Conor can make 145
2. These fights aren't "meaningless". They're high level opponents fighting high level opponents in exciting fights. Only a non-MMA fan would consider them meaningless.

Back