Why does everybody want Mcgregor to fight a meaningless 155 fight

TusculumPioneer

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Has the UFC turned into Pride? Do we want the champs fighting meaningless non title fights? Remember how Fedor fought random non title fights all the time in Pride? Do we really want that? There is a clear answer to this problem, McGregor vs Holloway 145 championship fight, it's the best case scenario. Why should McGregor fight Cowboy or Diaz, both who are far from a title shot? McGregor should defend his title, title fights are so much more important than random fights at 155

yeah i'd actually rather they scrap the whole fight and have him either wait for RDA or move back down and face edgar. no point in a late replacement at LW, wouldn't prove anything.

Do you not want to see him fight in 2 weeks? I do

Because we have been stroked off on him fighting at 155 and we are all rock hard and ready to go.

because he's an exciting fighter and we would like to watch him throw down?

There is know meaningless fights in MMA. Conor has never fought at 155 in the UFC, it be cool to see him fight at that weight and see if he can still win easily. Diaz, Pettis, Cerrone are all interesting fights.

Meaningless? He wants to move up to LW. His title shot's was not much deserved anyway,to be real. He will have his first fight in UFC LW,when he wins he gets his shot. It's coming pretty nicely.

Most folks on here are chomping at the bit for him to lose in the UFC

Becuase hes been bulking up this camp and will probably be weight drained at 145. He was preparing for 155.

IDK
Why do people want to see MMA's most popular fighter, fight?
Seems weird

;)

Anyone who bought a ticket is eligible for a refund. Can't see many fans sticking around to watch Holm and Tate or the rest of the card for that matter.

I don't want an easy fight but i still wanna see the guy fight though

yeah i'd actually rather they scrap the whole fight and have him either wait for RDA or move back down and face edgar. no point in a late replacement at LW, wouldn't prove anything.

I think a tough fight against someone in the top 5 would prove something. It might not prove that he can beat RDA but it does prove that he has a very good chance of it. If he wins of course. I think the obvious move here is to make an interim belt and give it to Connor. It would just help hype him up more and create even more buzz around the next fight. Who should fight him for the title? No clue but there is plenty of LW's to choose from.

I think a tough fight against someone in the top 5 would prove something. It might not prove that he can beat RDA but it does prove that he has a very good chance of it. If he wins of course.
but not on short notice. if he wins they'll just say 'it's only because (x fighter) had a short camp'. if he's going to fight someone at LW, let whoever it is have a full camp and train properly.

Back