Why does Ariel Helwani always defend Conor McGregor?

Aroel would still be working for mmafighting if Connor didn't happen.

I can guarantee you the question about the allegations was planned in advance. That was a planned sit down interview. In all other instances, Conor and the UFC have refused to address it. They shut down a reporter at the press conference yesterday.
No doubt it was rehearsed. I found it peculiar how the audience reacted when one reporter tried to ask a question about it. Basically silenced him into submission with boos

Ariel never shits on him, Ariel is known to start shit and cause division with fighters and stir the pot. But with Conor he gets defensive and always makes excuses. Why?
I’ll try and make this as simple as possible.

When there is a mega star that has the pulling power in both viewers and media coverage that eclipses everyone else in the sport, potentially even combined on the latter notion - then as a journalist, analyst and pundit, he directly increases your own figures across the board.

Know what you don’t do to your best customer?
I’ll give you a clue - you want to retain their trade.

Ariel has always been a Cage Warriors kind of guy

Shitting on Ariel should be illegal. He's the only professional journalist we have in MMA.

No doubt it was rehearsed. I found it peculiar how the audience reacted when one reporter tried to ask a question about it. Basically silenced him into submission with boos

Shills. They are why Dana White and the UFC get away with whatever they want and never have to answer for their suspect decisions.

He knows where his bread is buttered.

I think it’s hilarious when Conor and Ariel push the narrative that he isn’t fighting Gaethje because some of the things he said were too personal. Like come on, Conor called Khabib a terrorist rat and all of a sudden he’s upset about someone making things personal?

I think it’s hilarious when Conor and Ariel push the narrative that he isn’t fighting Gaethje because some of the things he said were too personal. Like come on, Conor called Khabib a terrorist rat and all of a sudden he’s upset about someone making things personal?
reminds me of Paige Van Zant saying she would never give Maycee Barber a shot at her because she was cocky lol

He is a shill, now that he’s not an instigating little weasel he is a good company man that pushes the narrative they want him to and doesn’t ruffle any feathers

Back